Subject Author Posted Replies

New decking black blemishes Q?
Last summer I replaced the decking on my deck with 5/4 x 6 pressure treated something purchased from a reputable lumber yard. All went well. I did NOT put any type of stain or finish on it 'cause it...
2
2

Furnace
I have a ~ 12 year old Carrier gas furnace. Most recently (at least at the end of the heating) it has failed. It will begin to start, then ~40 seconds later shut down. It does not appear that there is...
4
4

Question about 12 volt auto relays
Can the contacts of a 12 volt 30 amp auto relay handle 120 volts at about an amp of AC current? Couldn't find a car group that was still active.
37
37

bathroom shower wands always leak
at the connection between the metal pipe and first plastic fitting. tried everything it always leaks a little. its in the shower so i never cared. my girl friend complains. I was on a trip to new...
2
2

OT. Beer can shape.
Why is the beer/soda can shaped like it is: From Popular Mechanics. Behold the aluminum can, a marvel of modern engineering
30
30

Buick with leaking head gasket
This is more of a Sherlock Holmes type mystery than a practical matter. Neighbor has a leaking head gasket in his Buick bad enough so that the engine runs rough all the time. Watch does with it is not...
50
50

What did the signs mean?
I used to lead hikes etc. on weekends, and when I didn't do it other people did, and we needed a good location to meet, near the Xway, both for people arriving and when we were all leaving. We...
23
23

Speedo Fogging from Armor All
My husband wiped the car with Armor All including the glass/plastic that covers the speedo. Now there is permanent foggy parts on the cover. Any solutions?
6
6

Glad I Thought Of Doing It This Way...
The shelves in all our kitchen cabinets are supported by plastic supports which look similar to this: They were put in 30 years ago when the place was built and every once in a while for no apparent...
5
5

Can the Samsung Galaxy S3 micro-USB port be repaired at home?
Can the Samsung Galaxy micro-USB port be replaced easily at home? I finally found out why I kept destroying micro-usb cables and why, after a few months, they would just fall out of the SIII....
13
13

Fastening PVC
Sure a small screw works just fine. Lots of PVC furniture has been done that way.
20
20

Installing a leviton surge protector
Yes, it is finished drywall in the hall of our condo.
13
13

Help identifying faucet manufacturer
Does anyone know who makes this faucet? It has a letter V with a circle around it (logo). Thanks!
2
2

how do i clean a metal roof?
I doubt it. A quart of bleach in a gallon of water should kill it; once dead, mayve broom it off?
6
6

Alternate electric charges
Alternate electric charges. Are they a good deal? Is this just in Maryland or is it some or all other states, that the electric company has been forced iiuc to buy electricity from other companies and...
22
22