Subject Author Posted Replies

Moving furniture back onto newly installed flooring
How soon can the furniture be moved onto a newly installed pergo floor?
1
1

Google UseNet Groups advanced search
For those interested, here's the link
41
41

Brown stains in toilet
These stains, especially if they are brown/rust looking and are streaking d own from the toilet bowl rim are caused by hard water, ie calcium and miner al deposits. I thoroughly cleaned them off with...
4
4

best wristwatch grease?
I've always preferred Timex because John Cameron Swayze proved they were shockproof and waterproof. I like the kind with a calendar because I sometimes I don't have a marker to cross the days off my...
8
8

OT you know what else is stupid?
OT you know what else is stupid? That all the news cares about wrt horse racing is whether the horse will win the triple crown. Each race is worth watching and enjoying and each winning horse is worth...
2
2

OT apparently every cell phone could get FM
Today?s smartphones already have an FM receiver! This means that all listeners would have easy access to radio for the entertainment they love and information they need, but wireless carriers are...
3
3

OT staange hotel doings, surprising hotel offer
Made reservations a week ago, Did I mention that I didn't have the code for the wedding I'm going to, so I started to make the reservations anyhow. $89/night, $84 if I checked Senior or AARP (or some...
10
10

14.5 hp OHV Won't Turn Over Unless Plug Removed - Electric Start
I have a tractor (MTD 1998) with a 14.5 OHV Briggs & Stratton. The starter has been giving me fits over the last year or so. The starter would not turn the engine over. I tried to turn the engine by...
10
10

Blue (Sulfate ?) Toilet Bowl Stains ?
Hello, Toilet bowl has blue stains in it. Think I read somewhere that these are some kind of "Sulfate" deposit. Must be a common problem. Anyone know what works to remove them ? Thanks, B.
2
2

OT. Windows 10 Ad Removal
This is from the WattsUpWithThat climate site. It talks about some nusiance Windows 10 upgrade notice and how to get rid ot it. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
4
4

Plugging 2.5mm monaural into 1/8" steeo. ????
I didn't start working on this soon enough to buy the proper airplane adapter for sound, like or charge 5500 LBP Lebanon Pounds!! Not enough time to ship from Lebanon. Office Depot used to have this...
18
18

DST Compensated Light Timers?
I'm seeking a 24 hour timer which compensates for DST and day lengths to replace an old motor driven timer, the kind with little screw clamped switch trippers on the outer edge of a disk rotating once...
9
9

How well do cell phones really work?
OT for AHR, not for other ng. How well do cell phones really work? My niece graduated NYU a couple weeks ago, and standing outside Madison Square Garden, using a cell phone, I could not reach her...
36
36

Making replacement Aluminum Frame Window Screens
Posted June 3, 2015 I have aluminum storm windows on my house. The windows are fine, but the screens are lousy. The aluminum screen frames were made of aluminum that was apparently too flimsy. So,...
7
7

Where can I buy a small Sewer Grate?
Posted June 3, 2015 There's a step next to my gravel (farm) driveway, which goes down 2 wooden steps to my patio, and to my house porch. During heavy rains, water tends to run down the driveway and...
9
9