Subject Author Posted Replies

Battery Charger dead on cordless drill.
I picked up a Toolshop brand cordless drill at a garage sale. It was only $1.00 so I took a chance, and the tips and drill bits that came with it are worth a buck. The drill is clean, and the battery...
10
10

Gas grill rebuild
If you are to the point of replacing parts, I'd buy a new grill.
20
20

Trick to removing masonite/plywood siding held in place with staples
I'm replacing some water damaged siding - is there a quicker, easier way to remove the staples then digging them out with a screwdriver or the like? Thanks. Pic of the siding in question.

OT Car repair, car cuts out.
This is what I thought when I saw the tv show. I'm sure beting without oil pressure will ruin the engine, maybe in less than 20 seconds, and damage it in less than 10 or 15. But.... They said the make...
18
18

"Emergency service only"
Just to expand on this a bit. Per FCC regs, if your phone can physically connect to a cellular system (right frequencies, strength, ptotocols), then even if you don't have an account with that company...
29
29

No wifi but a wifi hotspot
I stayed in a hotel over the weekend, and even though the cheapest hotel on the highway has free wi-fi, the Hilton*** wanted $13/night for *in-room* wi-fi. So I didn't get it and didn't even bring my...
3
3

save 80% of power
http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/2-59188816-690-70063-148866-1498119-03c232cdda-e9ec1cdc74 http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/2-59188816-690-70063-148866-1498119-03c232cdda-e9ec1cdc74...
1
1

OT: car repair and idiots of the day
I follow a BMW website that focuses on repair of BMWs. So, a guy posts a detailed description of how to change an alternator on a BMW X5 SUV. He says he didn't remove the battery cable first, because...
10
10

Confused about foundation grading, water intrusion, etc.
I am re doing my landscaping against the house. On one side during a hard r ain I have problems with water in my crawlspace. I decided to re grade by h and the area around my foundation. I know this...
6
6

concrete pavers vs asphalt/concrete, etc.
I have been thinking of replacing my old and deteriated asphalt driveway a section at a time with pavers on top of crusher run and sand. Maybe just st arting with an apron in front of my garage and...
12
12

Kodak ESP 5210 printer scanner copier and perhaps fax, i never tried faxing with it
push any button and it powers off immediately i like this printer and just bought multi packs of ink..... any ideas?
21
21

What's the best battery powered impact driver?
I'm saving for a Hitachi WH18DL. Can I do better for less money? nb
1
1

Drilling foundation for condensate line.
My split system 's air handler is located in my crawl space. I have been th inking of drilling a hole in the side of the foundation to run a pvc line o ut for a condensate drain. The hole would need...
9
9

Need recommendation for new top-loading washer
GE Model WHRE5550K1WW has 4-6 inches of water in tub after running normal cycle. I tried setting it again to drain/spin and not still draining. Below are generic troubleshooting tips from searching...
9
9

How to choose a water softener?
Hi, I already tested my well water and know I need a 24,000 grain water softene r, a 1cuft acid neutralizer, and a filter (of course). I can install mysel f (very comfortable with plumbing). Things I...
6
6