Subject Author Posted Replies

Fw: A suggestion for THOROUGHLY vacuuming carpets.
though... pdk I have another comment about this. 50% more 'powerful' should be replaced with 50% more 'efficient'. Why? With a regular shop vac the motor cooling air must come in through the hose and...

How to cut Masonite-like stuff without fraying
Masonite is a brand of fiberboard. The rough side is rough because that side was on the screen when they made it. Yes, it matters which side is up if you cut with a saber saw. Saber saws cut on the...
9
9

Newbie question about refrigerator repair
Hi all, (If this newbie question sounds stupid to you, don't get mad, I'm a newbie at this.) I have to replace a broken air duct in the freezer compartment of my GE refrigerator. Besides shutting off...
6
6

no spark
I have home lite weed eater 2 cycle ut20004a no spark tried 3 different coils new removed kill switch wire cleaned flywheel help
3
3

Replacement BBQ Grates & Burners
I have a small BBQ from Big Lots 4+ years ago. Still works fine except the grates are pretty much gone. I don't have the brand on me, but I searched for it and called the 800 number printed on the...
3
3

Is it possible to properly install ice and water shield up a wall without removing siding?
I'm being told by a roofer that he has the ability to install 6 inches of i ce and water shield up a wall, behind the siding, without removing any sidi ng. He says he uses GAF ice and water shield....
24
24

Pool pump leak
Is there anything i can put on the outside to seal this pvc pool pipe leak? Thanks [IMG] http://www.homeownershub.com/img/4m/IMG]IMG]http://www.homeownershub.com/img/4n/IMG
6
6

Leak in basement
I have a leak in the basement. It is located in just one area in a corner. The basement is 28 y/o and dry as a bone until late last year. Over the years, one of the downspout's extensions to the end...
23
23

Design of balcony in fatal Berkeley collapse was sound, outside expert says
19
19

sunken living room - help!
We recently had new laminate floors put in our living room. It is a sunken living room (about 2 inches lower) and the carpet that we just took out extended up the wall two inches and then had a 2 inch...
20
20

Lucky me!
115 today. Wonder how effective the swamp/evaporative cooler will be? I have a slight concern. I just love summers in SW AZ and monsoon seasons.
20
20

Home decorating reference
i have a planing to build a home, pls help me to give me referance for decorating my home... i like brows any picture at this site ... thx http://www.wisnudecore.com
1
1

Three days to cut down a tree.
Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video. Craine company backs out after first day. One of the top 5 hardest tree jobs I have ever done! This is the follow up video of the Chimney Oak situation....
8
8

Door sill question
The outside door going into my garage had a standard aluminum and wood sill that leaked small amounts of water into the garage during heavy rains. The water was getting in under the sill and I never...
5
5

Basement floor ...new construction
Three new duplexes are being built behind the alley from where I live. They dug out the basement and put in gravel, then poured cement only around the edges for the poured cement walls, which are now...
16
16