Subject Author Posted Replies

bathroom tub and tile refinishing??
Hello neighbors, can anyone recommend a person or system to refinish 1940 bathroom tub and reglaze ceramic tile? Any help will be appreciated. Barbara
8
8

Do they make a rule that is innacurate, on purpose?
I want to play a joke on a coworker, and what I need is a ruler that looks real, but that is slightly off, such that all her measurements will be off. It needs to be only slightly wrong, maybe a...
2
2

What strange garden faucet is this?
A friend's house was designed by an architect to be his own house, about 8 years ago, until he sold it last year. It has all kinds of gadgets, including a generator hard wired in, solar panels in the...
7
7

Don't let walmart fool you?
Don't let walmart fool you? $15.37 Levolor-Kirsch 50 feet, white Free store pickup. Free shipping on orders over $50 Product in Inches (L x W x H): 7.25 x 5.25 x 1.5 Of course this it the bag, not the...
1
1

Replacing T1-11 siding?
We have T1-11 siding that is looking the worse for wear: some rotted patches, some delamination. I don't know what is underneath it -- just the studs? What would be involved in replacing it by...
8
8

AC Fan Question
The fan on the outside unit of my heat pump failed. The repair guy replaced the fan with a universal replacement that was so noisy that it sounded like my generator running. When I finally got them to...
3
3

When Is Global Laugh At Linux Day 2015?
Anyone know? Seems to be sometime in June? Hope I didn't miss it!
15
15

OT?: Connecting a OTA antenna with internet
I took the plunge and cut the cable cord which will be official on Tuesday when they remove equipment and do the initial downgrade to internet only. My intent is to add an OTA antenna but I want to...
32
32

Big-box stores and city taxes
> Under what has become known as the "dark store" method, big-box retailers are declaring their busy stores to be functionally obsolescent and therefore nearly worthless for tax purposes —and...

A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.
[snip] I did have one problem with dual boot (this was on a BIOS system, not UEFI). In this case, it seemed to be Windows at fault. Some Windows programs write over the disk boot track, where GRUB is...
25
25

Window AC unit
I am thinking about getting an 8000 btu window unit. How reliable are they ? Would they last at least 5 years ? Any brands you would recommend ? Thanks, Andy
14
14

Screw Head (triangular) Question ?
Hi, Trying to repair a kids plastic toy. Like most, it is held together by really small tapered screws. Screws have a pointed tip. But these are a bit different. Most of the toys I've worked on, (my...
18
18

(OT) Trailer / RV toilet water feed leaking
I've been asked to fix a water leak, in a trailer. There was water behind the toilet. I found that the white flexible water line comes in from the side of the toilet, curves around and ataches to the...
10
10

OT jockey weight
I've come across a few webpages about jockeys, in the US and maybe England, vomiting to lose weight, or using stringent dieting. I thought that the jockey and his saddle were weighed before the race,...
6
6

A patio with a root problem
About 30 years ago, I planted a Japanese pine tree and and several Texas privets next to my concrete patio. The Patio is about 50' by 15' in size. The concrete slab for the patio is 4" thick but does...
7
7