Subject Author Posted Replies

I can't blame the dog for this
I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it this morning. I am admitting no culpability. Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really don't want to...
11
11

Dryer Repairman Substandard Troubleshooting?
1.) Brother purchased Whirlpool Estate washer (TAWS700RQ3) and dryer (TGDX640PQ1) set for $200 on Craigslist. Seller assured him that both were in excellent condition. 2.) At home, washer worked as...
18
18

more questions about wifi
Terry, I can't believe you have me blocked? (I said much the same to cheapo mick)
16
16

Lennox THA090 roottop AC compressor not running
Hi one of the 2 Lennox THA090 rooftop compressors is not running even though we set the temperature really low. The office still feels warm. We opened the cover and confirmed that one of them is...
2
2

Dishwasher Dispenser problem
Maytag Dishwasher model MDB7749. Pretty sure the problem is with the control board, but just want to double check before I order a new one. The DW immediately opens the detergent door on startup of...
1
1

Gasoline cans, Blitz, out of business, where to get cap?
A bunch of my Blitz 5-gallon portable gas containers have the lousy spout broken (cracked around the center so that they now leak). The company appears to be out of business, even though the gas cans...
4
4

Seeking wirleless Front Door intercom
Hello I'd like to add an intercom system to my front door. When someone rings the bell, I will press the button on the intercom on my side and talk to them through the intercom outside. Don't need...
1
1

What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?
I recently got a smart TV then got a message from my provider (DIRECTV) tha t I need to connect to the internet. The second "box" is a wireless connect ion kit for $99. However, since I have been a...
88
88

Can Anyone Identify an Unknown Plumbing Device?
Hello, We are on a small farm and have horrible water that we don't drink. It buggers and clogs plumbing something terrible. A couple of years ago, we decided to go the fiberglass pressure tank route...
18
18

Kenmore refrigerator/top freezer
Inside refrig might be a slide switch for humid, or normal. Set to normal. Beyond that, I don't know how to help.
8
8

Fire blocking & basement insulation
I plan to insulate my basement walls. There are several electrical cables (typical BX cables) that are tucked between the floor joists and the foundation wall, against the sill plate. 1. Do I put my...
1
1

Reusing computer A/C cords?
What you should do is buy enough cordless computers to use up all your cords.
61
61

Final touches on kitchen
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color, did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built....
21
21

Garage door
Hi, We have a "double wide" (17'?) *insulated* garage door. As such, the internal structure of the door is largely hidden. Across the length of each of the "panels", a metal "stiffener" is attached....
16
16

mower deck rust
I am servicing/cleaning my riding mower and am seeing rust on the deck..........what can i apply to stop or slow down the rust?
10
10