Subject Author Posted Replies

rusty van underside
Has anyone painted that rust rejuvnator paint on the bottom of a rusty vehi cle. I have used that stuff near my gas meter. The paint peels the lines rust, s o perhaps every 5 years I knock off the...
4
4

Troubleshooting LG 12k Window A/C?
This unit has worked finel for quite a number of years. But suddenly this past month, after a particularly hot and humid spell, the compressor will NOT shut off. Even if the unit is powered off the...
2
2

What type os stones to use?
Want to put stones over part of garden, what type is likely to deter my dog from digging it or using as a toilet? I'm thinking larger sharper type but not sure. kenny
2
2

OT Win 10
Turned off all the privacy settings, those that gather info. Now machine turns off normally without taking a minute or two to send stuff to them. Still think MS has made a serious mistake. They think...
10
10

Motion detector light will not go off
My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it?
12
12

OT - man's universal weakness
*MAN'S UNIVERSAL WEAKNESS IS WOMEN (EXCLUDING HIS WIFE PERHAPS )*
1
1

IRC tires
I'm giving away my over 40 year old ten speed bike today. It's been hanging on a hook in the basement for over 15 years...but before that it gave me 25 years of good hard use. Inflated the tires and...
2
2

Need to make a THIN stylus for an iPad (that doesn't cost $75)
A THIN stylus for the iPad seems to cost over $75: Since a stylus should be pretty simple sans moving parts, how does it work and, more importantly, can we craft one out of readily available materials...
13
13

I found a free (Costco) substitute for an ice pack
Burned my finger on a Pop Tart, and found a free substitute for an ice pack. Costco ham brown netting with the Costco glazed ham package (which never freezes and stays gooey inside the packet) as the...

Rafters in Unoccupied Attic - To Insulate or not to Insulate?
Watching Home Free on TV. One of the teams was assigned to insulate the attic in a Georgian Revival. They were stapling batts in the roof rafters. I was brought up to believe that you insulate rafters...
3
3

OT, What to do with textbooks? Help
I have 6 feet by 20 feet of text books (probably about 2-300), double stacked. 50+ years in the engineering profession. Primary subjects are: Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydraulics,...
12
12

Peachtree window sash
I have a Peachtree casement window sash that is pulling apart, The sash is aluminum-clad, and I can't figure out how to take the window completely apart so I can fix it. This ought to be just like...

Securing 2x6 To Cinder Block?
Kayak storage on the beach. Kind of like this: except replacing the two pavers under each 2x6 with a cinder block. I would like to secure the 2x6's to the cinder blocks so the boards don't squirm...
25
25

connecting wall valve to ballcock
I have a toilet whose main valve I replaced with a Shark, but I haven't been able to get the metal tube from the Shark to the ball cock to fit. Always too long, but can't get compression ring off to...
15
15

Lawn tractor PTO clutch - maybe
I've had an old (80's) wheel horse lawn tractor for about 10 years now. I bought it used and it's served me pretty well, though it always seems to ha ve some trouble or other. It's been running pretty...
1
1