Subject Author Posted Replies

swimming pool - how often to add alum?
The guy who maintains my swimming pool adds alum weekly. It is really necessary to add alum so often? Most of the time, the water is crystal clear. It becomes cloudy after alum is added. Why adding...
7
7

Amana Washer NFW7300WW00 Trips Breaker
How to understand if electric motor for drum spinning is blown, or is it th e control board for the motor to spin the drum>? Amana Washer NFW7300WW00 Front Loader When reassembling the washer after...
12
12

Changes ...
Well , as they say , no battle survives contact with the enemy intact ... I was pricing block vs poured concrete today , with the mistaken expression that block would be cheaper - what a surprise ,...
16
16

Tiny screws in eyeglass frames
How can I pick up the tiny screws and align them into the holes in the frames?
17
17

OT: Bill to pay with accrued interest?
We live in a private lake community. Every year we pay home owner's share of lake use and maintenance. Annual invoice comes in March or so due date being end of April. I just got a bill for original...
11
11

[OT] Communicating without grid power
Got this from a friend: ======================================= Chris, without power the only way that I understand that you could communicate is by foot, horse, bicycle, runner other than that you...
65
65

20-mil advesive transparent tile
I'm surprised no one thought of it. Most tapes I find are 2mils. Most tiles and linoleum 20 mils. Is there anything 20mils thich and still transparent enough? Sheeting, tape, tile, whatever? Maybe I...

on-pole fishing tackle box
They sell poles with a box that clips on pretty firmly. Looke donline for the box alone and can't find. Maybe I'm using the wrog keywords? - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart,...
2
2

OT Monkey Grip tire pressure guage problem
I'm pretty sure this is hopeless but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Otherwise seems like a nice gauge. I have an almost new Monkey Grip tire pressure gauge. Circular gauge with a needle indicator....
3
3

Pop Can Solar Air Heater
I've got almost all the stuff I need to make one of these. Any ideas on how to do it better? There are lots of youtubes of them. This is one of the better ones,

All Fired Up
The smoker , that is . Put a 11-12 pound butt on a little after 9 for dinner tomorrow , as soon as I'm sure the temps have stabilized between 185?-195? I'll be toddling off to bed . Been a trying...
8
8

Broan Range Hood Venting into Room
I need to convert a range hood that is venting both up the vertical duct and into the room, to just venting up to the duct. In the photo, the room vent is seen on top of the hood....
11
11

OT- Bill and Hillary kitchen set
Buy The Hillary & Bill Clinton Combo Set by Clinton: Gag Toys & Practical Jokes - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
4
4

siding on house
I have some siding on my house. It looks like really cheap stuff because a fter 20 years, it is warping and water damage caused some of the layers to bubble up. I don't want to replace all of the...
4
4

how much should I be charging for these shared appliances..
I share a well with my neighbor we have 2 dwelling condo. My unit concest of myself, and her unit has 3 people as of now. We share the following which are all connected to my electric Meter... well...
100
100