Subject Author Posted Replies

Rats walking power lines onto house
Welp. Just as soon as I thought I got rid of the little critters, I watched a couple of them climb a tree, jump on the power line and run onto the roof. If it were one or two trees, I'd try putting...
14
14

SOT: $200 over invoice car prices - where to find
15 years ago when I was looking for a new car there were many Internet web sites (including that provided complete breakdowns of the dealer invoice costs versus sticker price. At the time there were...
5
5

Tiger Direct
Have you contacted your credit card folks that there may be a fraudulent charge on your card???
19
19

How to inspect furnace filters?
Everybody says to inspect your furnace filters, but they don't say what to look for. On the TV news they always say it, then show a filter that is completely clogged. Obviously they should be replaced...
136
136

Re-gluing loose Formica on counter
I have a bathroom counter top on the sink cabinet. One corner has loose formica. The cabinet top is plywood, which is in good condition. The fomica is also in good shape, but it's loose from the...
3
3

Off topic - Volkswagen golf 1992 question
Sending on behalf of my friend ++++++++++++++ Volkswagen golf red, 1992, 2 door, standard, hatchback in very good conditi on with 156893 KM on it, driven only by original owner (senior lady)? well...
7
7

TV Coax Sharing Conduit: AC or EtherNet?
Got two conduits going out to the garden shed: one for AC, the other for Ethernet. Now I want to run coax for a TV antenna out there so that I can mount the antenna on the wall of the garden shed and...
14
14

Wire For Floor Lamp ?
Hello, Have to re-wire a floor lamp. I see that one can purchase #16 gauge wire for it in apparently two flavors. One, being the conventional rubber coated two conductor wire. The other being wire...
6
6

OT True Car.com
I used to get a price on a car I wanted. Worked for me. I was looking at a particular car to buy and wanted a good price, of course. No particular loyalty to a dealer if i could save a lot. I went to...

OT I probably can't do that
OT I probably can't do that Today I bought some 4" 10-foot treated posts, and then took them to a sawmill to be split down the middle. The owner took one look at them and said, I'm not sure they're...
29
29

OT very, What is the corn doing there?
OT very, What is the corn doing there? Even though they've stopped selling fress corn on the cob at my supermarket (and I suppose the other ones in Baltimore) I drive around the country and see fields...
8
8

Read the label
This is on topic since it involves the misuse of builder's foam: The image showing the woman sitting in a waiting room with a solid helmet of expanding polyurethane foam is believed to have been taken...
1
1

LED bulbs
The 4-foot ceiling mounted flourescent light above the kitchen sink would stop coming on reliably for a few months. I would leave the switch on and eventually it would come on some time later. I had...
24
24

LED shop lights
I just got a couple of new LED shop lights to replace the old F40 T12s that were cranky and did not like to start. The savings in power is significant if you had a lot of them. The LED is about 20...
8
8

Mouse trap
I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago. Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason. Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work....
2
2