Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Vehicle Salvage Title
I'm looking for a cheap used vehicle. I've run across a couple with salvage titles due to hail damage. Has anyone been through the process of buying one and registering it?
5
5

leaf blower burned up my cord
I have a corded leaf blower and an attachment I use to blow out my gutters from the ground. Toro makes an attachment that actually fits correctly on their model blower. I noticed a little burning odor...
20
20

go solar shingle
Is it true these work no better than a layer of saltine crackers? Go Solar Shingle Go Solar Shingle
8
8

AA Alkaline Battery Leakage Damage
Had a bad bunch of AA alkaline batteries that leaked and put white powdery and generally scuzzy corrosion deposits on the spring terminals of several AA-using devices. I got a lot of it off and the...
10
10

Basement Foundation
I have an open basement foundation on my property that has never been built on. I am wanting to just fill in the foundation and build my house next to it. My question is can I just leave the walls on...
14
14

OT. Lunar Eclipse
. <>This is the last total lunar eclipse for three years. On November 8 (depending on time zone), the Moon will pass into Earth’s shadow and turn red. Here’s what you need to know about the...

Meteor Hits California House
in California. <> Officials are looking into the possibility that a meteorite destroyed a home in California Friday night. Officials are looking into the possibility that a meteorite destroyed a home...

Gas shortage UK
It's happening already.... 've never seen the cables from Europe maxed out before. Looks like the gas tank's running out.... Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
256
256

Mains power voltage drop to reduce usage?
Instead of rolling blackouts when there's a power shortage, why don't we just allow (or deliberately) the voltage and frequency to drop? Wouldn't that make a lot of devices use less?
820
820

Daylight Stupid Time?
Is Daylight Stupid Time ending this weekend?
33
33

Advice with carport
I am planning on building a carport on the side of my house (backyard) and I would like some advice about that if possible. I'm considering two options in terms of size: 20' x 24' or 24' x 24'. Here...
7
7

What material is used to support heating elements?
I'm trying to repair a vintage electric heater. What do you call the stuff which looks like silver coloured cardboard, to support the heating element? I want to order some, but have no idea what to...
7
7

Goalsetter Recall
Wall mounted basketball goal recalled. <> Consumers should stop using the recalled wall-mounted basketball goals immediately and contact Goalsetter for free removal of the basketball goal with a full...
1
1

Mica sheet in microwave
Simple question Can I flip the mica card over? The front is not bad but rather use the unused back. Fine?

"My Little Margie"
If you are 75 y.o. or more, you may remember "My Little Margie" from TV in the 50's. I'd almost forgotten it, but I found it on youtube and it's really good. There are at least 12 episodes, probably...
6
6