Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Medicare Supplement Insurance Ads
It seems like there are a lot of those this year. Old people must have too much money. Every company has the absolute best deal of course.
82
82

What features do you like in a microwave oven?
What features do you like in a microwave oven? What brand has the set of features you like? For example this one has different power levels but it's awkward to use. It has a way to enter the kind of...
34
34

Why is it hard to raise homeowners dues?
Why is it set up to be hard to raise homeowners dues? Ever since I got here, my HOA has been burdened by the difficulty of raising the dues, even to just keep up with inflation. The original owners...
11
11

Why is an EV's backup power less than it's driving power?
If an EV has an output power of say 80kW to drive the motors when driving, why is the backup power (to power your house in a power outage) only about 10kW? It's the same battery! And why do people say...
55
55

OT. Artemis Launch
<> The Artemis I mission took flight in the early hours of Wednesday after months of anticipation. The event kicked off a historic trip that will send an uncrewed spacecraft around the moon, paving...
1
1

power steering dextron can't find
My older car says to use dextron 3 but I can't find it. Can I use regular power steering fluid instead?
4
4

Electroculture?
Supposedly, electricity can make crops yield more. <><> There was a commercial on TV about it but I didn't catch the details. Electroculture is the an ancient practice of increasing yields utilizing...
1
1

Dual-Pane Windows Design
Why are dual-pane windows not welded, like glass blocks?
1
1

Fix broken cord on Thomas Sanderson duette blind (2023 Update)
I have Thomas Sanderson duette blinds. One of the blinds cord had broken. The blind is now hanging to the floor. Just wanted to know if someone could tell me how to repair it. The cord is still...
3
3

OT. Florida UFO
A secret satellite landed in Florida causing a sonic boom and some excitement. <> Two hurricanes plus this thing might be enough excitement for one year. Central Florida residents received quite the...
4
4

are setting lost during battery change
Are settings lost during battery change?
8
8

freezer temp swing
Had a bad moment a couple of nights ago when our small chest freezer malfunctioned . It's down in the cellar and doesn't get checked often so we don't really know how long it was offline . A lot of...
16
16

How does USB decide charging rate? Especially if you just use a
There were some modems back in the days of USB 2, which drew about 570mA. Some motherboards were shutting the USB socket off when they did that. Grrrr. My phone takes no more than 5V 1.1A. Takes quite...
25
25

OT. Vehicle Salvage Title
I'm looking for a cheap used vehicle. I've run across a couple with salvage titles due to hail damage. Has anyone been through the process of buying one and registering it?
5
5

leaf blower burned up my cord
I have a corded leaf blower and an attachment I use to blow out my gutters from the ground. Toro makes an attachment that actually fits correctly on their model blower. I noticed a little burning odor...
20
20