Subject Author Posted Replies

Dummy Award of the Month
We picked up one of these battery powered LED strobe lights they were selling for Halloween. They were selling at the dollar store for $5 before Halloween and now were marked down to $2. Basically...
8
8

SOLVED Logical Linux-like file structure on Android phone
I finally solved the messy file structure of Android! While everyone has their own idea of a nice file system, it helps everyone if one person can get a specific system to work! I've done that. I want...
5
5

Please Buy Me This For Christmas - QuickJack 5000
I want one! If you start crowd funding now the QuickJack 5000 will be under my tree by 12/25. Thanks! The 5,000-lb. capacity BL-5000SLX car lift is the ultimate tool for DIY'ers and race enthusiasts....
23
23

2 car questions. Clare!
1) A guy on TV had trouble with his 2000 Ford Focus and the mechanic read the codes and it was misfiring on 3 cylinders. Do you know how many cylinders that car had? He said he was a master mechanic...
15
15

Does anyone run cable tv wire through the house anymore?
Hello all. Finishing my basement. My wife wants a 50+" tv on the basement wall ..."whenever I'm done." We're NOT trying to make a "media screening room" with perfect seating and acous tics. Just a big...
15
15

demoing fiberglass shower pan with cast iron drain
I'm removing a crummy old fiberglass shower pan and came to find that metal was on the inside of the drain once I got the cover off. I was expecting something I could drill through and remove but...
5
5

Thermometer accuracy?
I just bought a new Accurite indoor/outdoor thermometer to try to get accurate readings. It differed by 2 deg at about 40 this morning with a few year old identical thermo. Yesterday I put those two,...
18
18

Paging Don Y Foam Foam Foam And More Foam
Don, Did you see my post in Foam Foam Foam about Closed Cell Foam? :-Z
1
1

turning off supply correctly
I'm turning off supply in a house that is new to me. I think that I'm able to shut off the supply as it comes into the house. I opened some faucets and let it drain and flushed a toilet, but it never...
11
11

my clawe foot tub has two seperate simple spigots, my hot water side seems stripped out and wont turn off
my hot water spigot will not shut off it just keeps spinning...it will almo st shut off then when it reaches the closed position it continues to turn. Like the knob is stripped out.. the spigot type...
4
4

ii have a clawfoot tub with two seperate simple valves...my hot water valve seems stripped out .
my hot water spicket will not shut off it just keeps spinning...it will alm ost shut off then when it reaches the closed position it continues to turn. Like the knob is stripped out.. the spicket type...
3
3

Air sampling fixture
I need a (cosmetic) cover for a wall/ceiling mounted "air sampling station". In a sense, this is similar to what a smoke detector does (i.e., a smoke detector "samples the air" for signs of smoke) so...
26
26

Wall niche light
I am building a 4" deep wall niche. I want to add a light on top of the niche. Can anyone point me to what kind of light I can use and where to get it?
7
7

OT - What can I use 4 rolls of fax paper for?
My wife has scrapped her old fax machine that used thermal paper and we ha ve 4 rolls of paper to get rid of. I know they will burn this winter in th e fireplace, but I thought maybe someone here...
9
9

LED Bulbs not Satisfactory in Trouble Lights
Last night I was doing some work outdoors after dark, and was using a trouble light. The old incandescent 100W bulb died, so I went to get another. But it turned out that I did not have any handy....
14
14