Subject Author Posted Replies

Ceiling Fan Wiring Question
My mom has a ceiling fan with a light kit. When the wall switch (single toggle) is in the on (up) position the fan will run and when the switch is in the off position (down) the fan stops running. OK,...
32
32

How to pump the gas out of auto gas tank?
My gas tank on my truck must have a small leak. For a couple weeks I always smell gas outside the truck, especially after I drive it. I know how to change it, but I'm looking for ideas how to pump out...
24
24

car didnt' start
A couple days ago, a girl came by wanting a hot shot. Her car wouldn't start, even with the jump, and even though, at least with my car connected, it was turning over plenty fast. I pointed out to her...
18
18

How to rid of grease oil stains from patio stone pavers
I was able to completely erase grease oil stains from my patio paver by using undiluted floor stripper and allowing it to sit for approximately 25 min then hosing it completely down with cold water,...

Meeting on Millcreek Road, Stoney Batter Intersection
Joe, I won't be at meeting but I am concerned. Living off Millcreek Road, I drive through the intersection, usually more than once a day, and have worried that those crashing the stop sign coming down...
11
11

Microwave oven repair
Hi All ; I thought I'd pick-your-brains - before assigning another clean good-old appliance to the scrap heap .. I hate doing that. Sanyo microwave oven 1995 has worked fine until recently - it will...
21
21

keeping Sta-Bil over the winter
No more really warm days until spring so I need to put the motor scooter away for the winter. I read that if I am not going to use my entire container of Sta-Bil this fall, I have to add Sta-Bil-Bil,...
16
16

OT: Here's what this conservative thinks of free speech!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/erick-erickson-new-york-times-bullet-holes_56634545e4b079b2818eef7e
3
3

OT: Hand pain
Last week, I noticed some pain in my right hand. I attributed it to the baking I was doing ("stirring" viscous dough with a wooden spoon). I had been doing a LOT so figured my hands were just tired...
55
55

Today's favorite quote from the USA Today
(Talking about pulling the gun stats from Mass Shooting Tracker) "That definition of four or more shot rarely translate into four or more killed. One-third of these 'mass shootings' result in no...
6
6

40to1 50to1
Ok my opp change plug clean sxhast port adjust carb now run more oil. If its a home owenr saw or outher 50 hrs is all your going to get most of the time.You might not get to run 32 to 1 but 40 to 1...
8
8

Ryobi charger "fries" batteries?
I have one of Ryobi's chargers that takes six of their 18V Li-Ion batteries at once and will charge them all in sequence and then (so it is claimed) "maintain" them ready for use. However, I have...
5
5

OT: Thanks and No thanks, El Nino
This winter due to strong El Nino our weather so far is out of whack. More sick folks coming to store asking for help. Korean Plum tree, Lilacs in our yard are budding turning green, expecing many...
23
23

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie? I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago, and remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the grocery...
73
73

Quote From Time Warner For Cable Service
A co-worker just showed me a quote to have Time Warner Cable run service to his house. TWC told him that the nearest point for them to tie into an existing junction is ~7000 feet away. They said that...
13
13