Subject Author Posted Replies

scooter
I found a small, gasoline-power scooter in the woods near my house I called the police, and a car came prettyi quickly, and because it doesn't have a VIN, the patroleman wasn't interested. i said,...
2
2

a 50cc scooter
A neighbor kid found a scooter, a mini-bike, in the woods. He called the police to report it, but and a patrol car came out soon after, but the cop said that since it didn't have a VIN, they weren't...
29
29

direct drive fan motor
I have an old furnace with a one-speed-at-a-time-based on the wiring fan motor. I once rewired it, using the schematic, to see if I could find a lower speed, so I know the schematic is correct, but in...
16
16

This is an ODDBALL reason for an Electrical Fire
Several year ago, a guy I know bought a rural home which had a fire. He pretty much paid for the land and a garage, and the house was included for free. Aside from smoke damage, most of the house was...
15
15

Do LED Christmas Strings Go Out In Sections Like Regular Minis?
As many of us know, if you take the bulb out of a string of mini Christmas lights, that section of the string goes out. Sometimes a section will go out even with all bulbs in. Then you have to search...
32
32

Easy Fix For Strange Door Opener Problem
The Chamberlain garage door opener(model not readily available)for my wife' s single width garage door suddenly started going back up when it was just about 18 inches from complete closure. It went...
2
2

TALK ABOUT LITHIUM ION BATTEREIES, CHECK THIS OUT!
Looking to save on the fuel bill? Is the old war horse giving up? Need a new ride? Check this out....the all electric Tesla model 'X'! Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable...
4
4

Ceiling Fan Wiring Question
My mom has a ceiling fan with a light kit. When the wall switch (single toggle) is in the on (up) position the fan will run and when the switch is in the off position (down) the fan stops running. OK,...
32
32

How to pump the gas out of auto gas tank?
My gas tank on my truck must have a small leak. For a couple weeks I always smell gas outside the truck, especially after I drive it. I know how to change it, but I'm looking for ideas how to pump out...
24
24

car didnt' start
A couple days ago, a girl came by wanting a hot shot. Her car wouldn't start, even with the jump, and even though, at least with my car connected, it was turning over plenty fast. I pointed out to her...
18
18

How to rid of grease oil stains from patio stone pavers
I was able to completely erase grease oil stains from my patio paver by using undiluted floor stripper and allowing it to sit for approximately 25 min then hosing it completely down with cold water,...

Meeting on Millcreek Road, Stoney Batter Intersection
Joe, I won't be at meeting but I am concerned. Living off Millcreek Road, I drive through the intersection, usually more than once a day, and have worried that those crashing the stop sign coming down...
11
11

Microwave oven repair
Hi All ; I thought I'd pick-your-brains - before assigning another clean good-old appliance to the scrap heap .. I hate doing that. Sanyo microwave oven 1995 has worked fine until recently - it will...
21
21

keeping Sta-Bil over the winter
No more really warm days until spring so I need to put the motor scooter away for the winter. I read that if I am not going to use my entire container of Sta-Bil this fall, I have to add Sta-Bil-Bil,...
16
16

OT: Here's what this conservative thinks of free speech!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/erick-erickson-new-york-times-bullet-holes_56634545e4b079b2818eef7e
3
3