Subject Author Posted Replies

Many Titanic "Authorities" Claim This photo is of Sister Olympic!
Since this is getting ZERO attention on an OCEAN LINERS Usenet group, I'll share it here. Many Titanic "Authorities" Claim This photo is of Sister Olympic!.....

wood flooring from Lowes
After the first of the year we are thinking about having some of the Pergo Max from Lowes installed in a living room that is about 280 sqft. Anything good or bad about this brand or other...
20
20

igloo replacement fan - py-1225h12s
I have a tabletop igloo ice maker. It has, what I would describe as, a che ap muffin fan. It has failed. The fan is manufactured Power Year, pn PY-1 225H12S. I can't find it anywhere. I have messages...
7
7

Misleading/deceptive description: "Prefinished Boards"
"Prefinished Boards" the sign said, but what they really were was particle board (not even MDF) with an imitation-wood plastic wrap around 3 1/2 sides. However, in another bay, the "Prefinished" oak...
8
8

Advertised prices or not?
I often see full- or half=page ads for products, which once in a while look interesting. But most such half-or full-page newspaper or magazine ads have no price, not even a hint. My feeling is, if...
20
20

People's Court today, Friday, 12/18
A case on the people's court TV show was interesting. It was about repairs to an "antique stove". A nuddke-aged couple bought a house and the stove came with it. He was wearing a tie and I think she...
50
50

OT: Tiered Auto Insurance Rates Saves Me 47%
My insurance agent called to tell me that Travelers Ins Co has lowered my auto insurance premium. They are lowering my annual premium by about 47%! She said that Travelers has adopted the new "tiered...
1
1

OT: "Tupperware" et ilk
The "old" Tupperware products seemed to be made of a "softer" (more flexible) plastic (Ed P??). The newer (competitor) offerings all seem to be much harder/stiffer. I.e., prying the lid off a...
24
24

Maytag dishwasher
My dishwasher for the first time today, could not eject water to the dishwa sher. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its course, unbeknowns t to me when I opened the door after its job,...
11
11

Do any Bathroom Exhaust fans have filters?
Do any Bathroom Exhaust fans have filters? Mine was noisy so I thought the motor had bad bearings. I opened it up, and was shocked with the amount of dirt in there. The fan blades were so loaded with...
20
20

Long distance furniture move advice, please
I've never used a moving service before and I'm am unsure where to start. I wonder if anyone can share the benefit of their experience? I've inherited one piece of furniture, a fairly large secretary....
14
14

Epoxy Drying Time
I purchased Oatey Fix it Stick to repair a pin hole leak in a copper water pipe. On the directions it does not say how long before it is cured enough to turn the water back on. It does say it takes 24...
7
7

Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is this normal?)
I just bought a house with a 1,000 gallon propane tank owned by the house and property tax is paid on the tank which is a California-only thing I hear. They just filled the tank up to 85% (they...
46
46

hard to remove a bathtub spout?
Is it hard to remove the spout on a bathtub, 36 years old. How tightly would it be on? Chrome-plated metal. Corroded, I'd like to put in a new one, but I don't want to break off the part that points...
14
14

Whole House Humidifier - Disconnected Water Line?
It seems that my home humidifier is not working. Here's what I know: humidistat clicks on Fan runs There is a metal line that I believe is the water flow line that is disconnected and I have no idea...
18
18