Subject Author Posted Replies

Google is not the only one who knows all about you.
Interesting experience. All I wanted to do was get the phone number of the place I get my blood tests, so I could call them today and find out how much a couple special order tests cost if I have to...
27
27

Major Winter Storm kills thousands of people in Eastern USA
On the Eastern part of the US, at exactly 9:49 pm, EST Winter officially began. During that one minute, over 8 feet of snow fell. It came down so fast that thousands of people were crushed to their...
4
4

Review on TV antenna
I wanted to give some feedback on a good product. HD/DTV/UHF/VHF/FM 360° Motorized Rotating Antenna QFX Model: ANT-105 Many of the over the air broadcast stations are 20 - 30 miles from my resid...
43
43

Does a capital ship sinking actually SUCK a swimmer down to drown?
Is it true (or an urban myth) that a swimmer would be sucked under (presumably to drown) when a capital ship sinks?
61
61

How to remove leaked "juice" from flashlight battery
I have a cheap flashlight, so it's no big deal if it dies, but the batteries leaked a very little amount inside of it. These were STANDARD batteries, (not alkaline). There is no corrosion inside the...
4
4

Tonight is the Winter Solstice
Just letting everyone know. It's at 9:49 EST. 10:49 CST, etc.... Which means TODAY and TOMORROW are the shortest days of the year, and it's OFFICIALLY Winter.
12
12

What happens if you use a non-dimmable LED on a dimmer?
What happens if you use a non-dimmable LED on a dimmer? Obviously you should not do this, but if someone did it, what would happen? Would the LED simply not light unless the dimmer was on FULL...
2
2

Honeywell T8411R Not showing LCD Display.
First, yes, I know LCD Display (Redundent I know but sounds right.) The display stopped working. The settings as follows: Fan: Auto Heat/Cool/Off: OFF No batteries to change in disply. Checked the...
7
7

ANSWERING MACHINE RINGS
My answering machine was answering on four rings, all of a sudden it has started answering on 1 and a half rings. It is still set up to answer on four rings. I thought maybe my machine had gone bad,...
48
48

Store Clerks "DUMBER THAN HELL"
I went to a big city "big box" home repair store yesterday. I got most of the stuff from my list, into my shopping cart, but I could not find an outdoor thermometer (the old one I had outside my...
49
49

Preventing paint from freezing in garage
Hi, I'm finishing my basement and will have to permanently move my collection o f paint, joint compound etc, from (the climate controlled) basement storage into the unheated stand-alone garage. To...
24
24

commode flapper issue continues!!
Ok, this one is getting to be a real pita! Have been at it for 3 weeks. Started getting occasional running of commode a month ago, presumably due to leaky flapper. Replaced flapper, still running, so...
14
14

Dusk to Dawn Photocell LED Bulbs--Anyone see them for sale anywhere?
What is wrong with the CFL, may I ask? Is it a matter of looks? According to the link it will last longer than an LED. LEDs claim 25 years, but that is based on three hours of use per day. A...
19
19

Insufficient open cell?
I hired a contractor in insulate my roof deck with open cell foam. My rafte rs are nominal 10-bys and the contract says 8"-9" subject to variations. Th e picture below shows what I'm finding so far...
3
3

Tailand enters the space race
25