Subject Author Posted Replies

Why do mice chew wires?
I have an underground pit where my well tank sits. The top of the pit is a removable trap door. Because that pit gets some water in it after a heavy rain, I need to pump it out. I have a sump pump in...
15
15

One circuit 125V, others 117V, why?
Approximately 8 years ago I built (with the help of a contractor) a 1,200 sq. ft. shop detached from our home (nice shop with central heat and air, half bath, hot water, etc.). Our home has a 200 amp...
44
44

Romex through Cinder block
My garage is cinder block. I'm installing two outdoor motion sensor decorated accent lights on each side of my garage door. I'm mounting the fixture directly to the block, drilling a hole through the...
12
12

Mousetrap
Ralph Waldo Emerson once advised, “Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door.” The world would have been in for a bit of a shock if they’d found themselves at the door...

Lock the door....
It's Christmas eve. Whoever is the last person on here, please lock the door to before leaving. See you all AFTER Christmas! ~ Merry Christmas ~ Signing off..... whoooosssshhhhhhhhhh............

OT: Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year
I was listening to some music and found this one. Hope everyone has a nice holiday! Celtic Woman "Home for Christmas" Available Now on Amazon! Deluxe Edition (Studio CD + Live Concert...
50
50

Where is it?
Where is the address book in outlook email?
14
14

Time - AC
System light is not coming on and I have already replaced the batteries. The unit shows the time and -AC fails to turn on the furnace.
2
2

Police make arrest (what a hoot)
A lumber yard I used to buy from had a bus bench out in front , and a large rat population ... and a guy with a very warped sense of humor . Dead rat gets wrapped up like a Christmas gift and is left...
19
19

Fluorescent tube problems
I have 8', Sylvania T12, 75W tubes (2 each) in my shop fixtures. The other day one of the tubes quit working. I replaced it with a used spare I had and it worked but appeared to not be as bright as a...
11
11

my car is a mouse magnet
i haven't had to put any peanut butter in the traps that i've set inside the car for the past six months, but i've still been catching a few mice every month. right when i think i've finally gotten...
20
20

Review of my home broadband router logs (suspicious activity?)
Does this activity found accidentally in my home broadband wireless router log seem suspicious to you? Here is a screenshot of the suspicious log entries: When "I" log into my router, I see a line...
113
113

12V Battery charging problem - MASSIVE SPARKS
I have a farm tractor with a positive ground. I hooked a 15A battery charger to it, and had massive sparks shooting all over the place. Yes, I did connect the polarity correctly, with the red clip on...
53
53

Arc-fault breaker trips
A family member's house was completely rewired in 2011 and has arc-fault breakers for the bedrooms. One of those breakers will not hold in at all, even with nothing plugged into any of the outlets. Is...
39
39

W10 activation issue
wiped My HD and tried to load W7 ultimate, but the built-in modem will not load. I then loaded w10 and tried to use My W7 activation to activate W10, and was refused. W10 works, but get the activation...
57
57