Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Need help?
As I was coming home and worrying about all the stuff going on in my life, my family's lives, my friends? lives, and what's happening in Washington, Moscow, Ukraine, the Middle East, Hillary Clinton's...
9
9

Hello friends Please help us.We are going to buy a new house.
Hello friends Please help us.We are going to buy a new house. As the one we have selected is a single storied building, we have decided to construct a new room on first floor. We are going to use it...
8
8

Sani Sticks Drain cleaner (from TV Commercial)
I just saw a TV commercial for these Sani Sticks. They say to drop these sticks in any drain to clear the drain. Isnt that going to CLOG the drain? I can see hair and other debris getting wrapped...
6
6

OT: "Hanging paper" slang
My "metalized paint" post conjured up an old, unrelated memory. When I was in school, I worked in the Combat Zone in Boston. Kind of a seedy sort of place (and I'm being kind :> ) One of the guys I...
21
21

Metalized paint
I've debated painting the interior walls of the house with metalized paint (RF shield). The downside, of course, is that it makes wireless transmissions into/outof the house impractical (that's the...
30
30

primer for re-painting old plaster?
We want to re-paint a room. Walls are old plaster (presumably original, so ~90 yo), with what looks like 3 layers of paint. Based on age, the paint is likely oil-base. Some of the paint has pealed to...
42
42

Bosch dishwasher
I have a Bosch dishwasher: Since there is no float, other than to prevent flooding, I assume the water fill is controlled by a timer. Is the timer in the 752738 power module at the base or at the...
29
29

Carrier Infinity - Emergency Heat Comes On Too Often
We have 2 Carrier Infinity Units and I suspect our installer may not unders tand them. When the ambient temperature outside is, say 45, the emergency heat kicks o n. And it stays on for a long time. I...
4
4

Insulate Walls or Floors?
I live in an elevated rancher built in 1978. I just removed carpeting and linoleum from my breakfast room, kitchen, dining room, and living room, all of which are open to each other. I had 3/4" red...
53
53

What the hell just happened?
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and there were a shit load of "New" headers that were several years old. These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My...
12
12

Maytag dishwasher con'td ( Dec 19 )
Well, I finally had the repairmen show up this morning and they were confus ed to say the least. I told them about the recall and they opened the packa ge and were dumbfounded with all the electric...
4
4

OT - Towing One Trailer While Carrying Another
I saw this on I-90 heading into New England. The Triton Trailer website has a banner that says "Built For Adventure". Considering that the pickup was doing 70-75 MPH, I'd have to say that they...
13
13

Bon Appétit
We don't need no stinkin' food safety regulations. As long as steak is only $1.09/lb who cares, right? The spending bill passed by Congress on Friday eliminates a meat-labeling regulation that for...
5
5

When are Xmas trees bought.
A friend and I are debating when most people buy their xmas trees. I saw that it's several days or more before Christmas eve, and the proof of this is that is what I do. And that tree lots open up...
14
14

125v vs. 117v revisited
Yea, it should have been spelled Imbalance. I used to be a very good speller in my younger days - last one standing in spelling bees, but there are more words now, and I've let my spelling slip - and...
66
66