Subject Author Posted Replies

"invisible" metal fastening
I have some stainless "covers" (5 sided boxes) that I want to adhere to a surface (think of it as the 6th side of the box) in a removable fashion. I settled on magnetic catches (think: kitchen...

why high current ac plugs harder to remove?
Is it just my imagination or is it a little harder to pull an AC plug that has been carrying high-current (10 A or above)out of its socket than a low current (1 A or so) plug? If so, anyone know why?...
10
10

OT. $1.59/gallon
The lowest gasoline price I spotted while traveling I-70 from St. Louis to Kansas City 1/3/16.
47
47

What a wonderful world
Originally uploaded by the BBC on Dec 7, 2011 on their youtube channel: youtube.com/bbc re uploaded for everyone thats not located in the UK and can't view it there. So, here you go: Original...
2
2

TB x-posting
This is new: Thunderbird seems to think that x-posted messages/newsgroups reside on different servers and refuses to post. Perhaps it thinks that since the people posting use different servers the...
9
9

Battery life is not up to scratch
What is "up to scratch" mean? "the battery life on their device is not up to scratch" Searching web pages for definition "is up to scratch" must be idiom. It means "ready" to fight? How is battery...
8
8

Dubai - Towering Inferno due to dangerous flammable siding
Dubai hotel fire: Inferno at 63-storey Address Downtown hotel near New Year's Eve fireworks display. How is a flammable product like this ever allowed to be used in construction? Particularly on a...
58
58

Leaking flapper valve
I am getting a deposit on my flapper valve over time and it is causing it to leak. If I clean it the leak stops. It is a dark reddish color. I think it is an iron deposit. And there is also some sand...
5
5

This guy from alt.home.repair when into a bar....
This looks likes some of the regulars to me.... TMZ Sports obtained the bar fight footage of TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin -- showing the college football star swinging wildly at two bar staffers and...
1
1

New California Driving Laws take effect January 1st, 2016
AB 208, Bigelow. Vehicles: highway: lane use. Existing law (2015) requires, on a 2-lane highway where passing is unsafe due to specified reasons, *a slow-moving vehicle* behind which 5 or more...
62
62

A/C plug/socket removal difficulty
I just replaced the extension cord and space heater plug with heavy-duty versions. Plug is hard to insert and remove! Perhaps a little 3-in-one oil smeared on the prongs? Something better? Leave well...
2
2

If you dont have a 2016 Calendar
If you dont have a 2016 Calendar, you can use a calendar from these years: 1904 1932 1960 1988 If you save a 2016 calendar, you can reuse it in: 2044 2072 2112 (Except some holiday dates may be...
13
13

Has Anyone Tried Sugru Moldable Glue?
Moldable glue, apparently cures to hard rubber consistency. Reviews seem to be pretty good Amazon. Not cheap, but interesting. Lots of suggested uses and videos at the Sugru site, e.g. Some of the...

OT - Stupidest Amazon Review Ever
Why would someone waste their time writing a review like this? The only saving grace for humanity is that no one found the review helpful. It would be very scary if anyone did. 0 of 13 people found...
12
12

Do they make a caulk gun for a tooth paste tube?
I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun...
10
10