Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, Pet Bird
That's true.
5

Is this the "Living Room" or the "Death Room" ?
March 9, 2013 What is the origin of the term ?living room?? Room set up for ordinary social use,? 1825 (as opposed to bedroom, dining room, etc.); from living + room ? In the late nineteenth century,...
12
12

Problem with GE JB700SNSS Range
Our GE JB700SNSS range went dead. The circuit breaker didn't blow. Before I could get time to pull the range out to test to make sure the main supply was good, it started working again. Or so I...
21
21

Heat leakage from my furnace
I have an unorthox HVAC setup due to living in an old converted loft building. I was doing some maintenance on my Armstrong Ultra SX80 and after turning it back on I noticed that there was heat...
35
35

Gasoline prices have come down, but not motor oil prices.
CA is isolated from reality all of the year... No offense meant to you personally.
37
37

EARTHQUAKE
At 6:41AM PST a shaker hit the Lake Elsonore area. It was strong enough to wake up the 'hood, but noone got out of bed.
100
100

Paper bag handles..
Someone complained at the grocery store that the handles fail on the paper grocery bags so they no longer use them. HUH? I've handled several hundred of these bags with no problems Now that I have had...
7
7

Slightly OT Tire Pressure
Newer cars have a TPMS and warn you when the pressure gets low. Now that cold weather is here,check to see that your tire is at least the recommended pressure. I forgot about it and this morning it...
80
80

Is there any danger to charging a "Reversed Charged" battery?
A while back I posted about my tractor with generator having the battery charged backwards. The plan was to replace the generator with an alternator, and buy a new battery. However the weather got bad...
5
5

Kenmore Dryer Problem-Won't Start
My sister's Kenmore Dryer MN 110.76902690 makes a buzzing noise (much like an electric buzzer) when I press the start button. There is a decal on the door that says the dryer will make a noise...
18
18

1 January 2016 Tax increases.
9
9

Flushing Out a Heater Core..Info
The main cause of this problem is people adding Stop Leak and keeping it in their radiator. This will cause the stop leak to settle in the heater cores.
35
35

(OT) About Being HIP
In the 1960's & 70's we were all Hip. Sometimes they even called us HIPpies. Now the doctors want to give us Hip Replacements. Does that mean we're no longer Hip? Will these Hip replacements make us...

cracked ignitor
I was installing a new $30 ceremic circular ignitor on my York furnace. Un fortunately, I damaged it during installation. Is there a way to fix this? Would putting it in a metalic housing (i.e. bolt)...
13
13

Cleanup of overspray
I am trying to clean some over spray of an oven. (Not my work.) :-) As a former chemist, I have tried: 1. Paint thinner 2. TSP 3. Rubbing alcohol 4. Brillo pad (lightly) 5. Ammonia 6. Exorcism :-) Any...
20
20