Subject Author Posted Replies

"Open rollout switch circuit" error message in furnace.
"Open rollout switch circuit" error message in furnace. A friend called me and said his gas furnace keeps shutting off. It's fairly new and a high effencincy type, which vents out thru PVC. It has a...
12
12

Here we go again, toilet flange dilemma
The old cast iron flanges did sit in top, but they were thin and the linoleum made them almost level. These plastic ones are much thicker. On top of that, it seems some toilets do not allow for a...
14
14

Replacement Windows: Step #7
The most neglected step - #7 - of installing replacement windows(scroll down after opening link below): http://www.venturewindow.com/commercial/how-to-install-a-window
6
6

Cree flashlight 2000 lumens
EBay has a really good price on a great flashlight. $8.99 delivered to your door, in the mail. I got mine today. This is super bright, even with old batteries from a flashlight that I've used for more...
17
17

HELP!! Replacing hvac transformer
I have an older janitrol heat pump 240 volt. I know my transformer is bad. However it's an older one with one 1 black wire built in. The rest of the wires connect to it with spade clips. The one black...
6
6

Slightly OT - Home (Network) Repair - Dual Band Cable Modems/Router
Since there are few a.h.r folks that appear to be knowledgeable in the networking space, I'll run this question by the group... First, the background: I was having problems with the WiFi on my TWC...
3
3

Noisy space heater fans
I try to lube the fan in fall before the heater is used. However, I think the bearings are sealed as it doesn't seem to help. In a few years the fan starts getting moisy. I suspect the heater makers...
9
9

Thunder
When I hear thunder, or I'm temporarily away from my XP Home computer and thunder is predicted, I turn the system and UPS off and unplug the modem telephone line. Overkill? Before I did this I lost...
36
36

GE Triton dishwasher leaks only when full.
The dishwasher leaks under the door a couple inches right of center. I've previously replaced the door gasket, which eliminated the problem for a few months but it's started again. When empty, I added...
2
2

Winter tires
Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series. Any other similar choice?
11
11

thanks!
for the Fresh Cab recommendation. smells much nicer than Bounce or mothballs. we'll see if it can actually keep the mice away from the car. songbird
1
1

Quake Swarm Rocking Oklahoma...
Two of the stronger tremors in state history shook northwest Oklahoma. We have the latest. - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Humidifier floor model -- hot or cold?
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer comfortable. Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?
16
16

Preventing Early Wood Shake Wear
I made my annual roof crawl last weekend and replaced 100 or so cedar shakes. I noticed that as these shakes age, the surface exposed to direct rain wears pretty evenly, while the point on a lower...
3
3

Call blockers
I've had one now about 3 years and couldn't do without it. If it should die on me I'd be online buying another one pronto. The instructions are not fabulous but easily enough to be understood and it...
40
40