Subject Author Posted Replies

Redoing Stairs
I'm ripping out the carpet and installing hardwood risers and treads on my stairs. I've removed carpet from two stairs thus far to see what I'm up against and it's all rough constructed finish. Though...
3
3

Netflix' Series "Making a Murderer"
Anybody seen this series ? I'm on epi 8. Seems like fodder for a long thread.
18
18

OT: If you're near a Menards...
...a 2-pk of LED bulbs (60W eq.) $3, 2-pk of 4' LED tubes $15. Page 17
1
1

Jenn Air Electric Range - Fan came on by itself and ran all night
We have a Jenn Air Electric Range. After cooking dinner I turned fan off immediately as cannot stand the noise. In the morning my partner heard fan running. It would not switch off so he unplugged. I...
6
6

Structured Media Cabinet
So I will be building a new house this spring and am looking at whether it is worth it to go with a structured media enclosure or just mounting modem, router, switches, voip box etc on a piece of 3/4...
6
6

Doorbells - Help Please
I have replaced my doorbell button five times in a year. It is a wired one, but the light keeps going out. It has a diode in it. The Westminster chimes sound great. The third time the light went out,...
53
53

What Can Cause A Shower Trap To Empty Out?
My family owns a single story house that no one has lived in for a few months. It will be put on the market in the spring. In the meantime, we've run into a strange issue. The house is 300 miles from...
26
26

Two captcha questions
1. When they give the two words, why is one easy and the other impossible? Wouldn't a single impossible work work as well? What's the reason for the easy word? 2. When they give the house numbers, how...
21
21

OT: Inspiron 6400 MBR image
On the EXTREMELY RARE chance that someone has an *intact* (Media Direct + Factory Restore capable) Inspiron 6400, I'd love to get an image of the MBR to restore a machine, here. If not, I'll just...
24
24

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Nest thermostat bug leaves users cold A software bug that caused Nest's smart thermostat to stop working has left many users both cold and angry. I never thought I'd see the day when you had to reboot...
18
18

Furnace metal-on-metal noise
Furnace has taken to "chirping" -- sound of two pieces of metal rubbing against each other. Traced to one (?) of the removable door panels (*probably* rubbing on the OTHER door panel!). As this panel...
11
11

OT: Be careful what TV ads you let your children see
The pastor asked the children what they knew about the resurrection. One child answered, "I know that if you have a resurrection lasting more than four hours, you're supposed to call a doctor." Perce

Lint Filter GE Washer GE WHRE5550K1WW
Can anyone suggest how to filter washer drainage to prevent lint from plugging in the pipe? This is happening about once a year. "None of the new machines have filters. The pump grinds up all the lint...
13
13

Clearing Drains with Air Pressure
I have seen these gadgets that use air pressure for drain pipe blockages. I can see that could be useful where there are too many elbows in a small diameter pipe for a regular snake. Anyone have...
61
61

OT: Wacky Movie Week
Enjoying some good, old-fashioned, brain rot! Monday was _Rubber_ Tuesday, _John Dies in the End_ Wednesday, _Safety Not Guaranteed_ Thursday, _Flushed Away_ Friday, _Buckaroo Banzai_ It was either...
13
13