Subject Author Posted Replies

window and door installation with repairs
Hi guys, I would like to re install the windows and doors at my house as this has been years since I have been using the same door and window frames, would like to have a change and I would like it to...
1
1

verizon wireless 411 directory assistance stinks
First i dont have a smart phone and really dont want one. i have kept verizon all these years because directory assistance worked great..... untill recently. they have tried to automate it. making it...
34
34

Heat pumps
Got a question regarding the realistic heat output from heat pumps. Friend of mine living in South Texas has a hydronic heat pump system. Essentially a radiator run off a water heater providing the...
24
24

Circuit breaker keeps tripping
How do I debug when a circuit breaker keeps tripping? 1. It has never tripped before (years). 2. Yesterday, it was tripped. 3. I flip it back on, and it trips immediately. 4. It controls a bunch of...
174
174

DOOR BELL SAGA - PART II
I decided to start a new post as an update. I am waiting for a call from the electrician to trouble shoot my problem wi th the door bell light going out every two months or so. Someone suggested that...
38
38

no heat tonight
A friend calls me just now. She has gas heat, forced air, and the furnace is broken. The repairman comes but not until 4. He says she doesn't have enough gas pressure, and he did something that made...
29
29

Outlet and switch plates
Just for fun:
2
2

OT: Vintage License Plate records
Totally OT but there are a few smart people here. I am trying to get information from a vintage 1959 photo. I have no info about the people, but the car has a very clear license plate number from...
9
9

squirrel drilling water lines
This is a long shot, but maybe somebody can help. On a construction contract translated from Romanian, there is a charge for "squirrel drilling." We need to explain it. What I think it probably is is...
2
2

(OT) Henry Winkler sells out his whole generation
This has nothing to do with home repair, but it has a lot to do with your home ownership. In the 60s and 70's Winkler was "The Fonz" someone we looked up to, and admired. Later he played parts in...
8
8

Got shocked touching electric range and pot rack
OK, this scared the heck out of me. I was getting a pot off of my pot rack, and I put a pot on a burner of the stove, touching both at the same time, and got a pretty good electric shock. The burner...
21
21

O.T. Glen Frey was 67.
Glen was one of the founding members of the group Eagles. From the Los Angeles Times: Free URL redirection service (also known as URL forwarding). Register a free subdomain name and redirect it to...

OT - camping lantern choices
A friend of mine is considering a two mantle lantern for power cuts and camping. Mine is propane, he prefers Coleman fuel. Which do you like, and why? Does one have a big advantage? Wick lamps for...
66
66

wavy glass
I was at a friend's new used house today, and he has kitchen cabinets, maybe made by a carpenter he hired, and maybe purchased in one piece with several matching cabinets, and a guy who was mooching...
6
6

Concrete damage-Why?
In the backyard of a friends house, the concrete is disintegrating a little , on the top. It's in Reno, there has been some snow and below freezing wea ther in the past month. They've only lived there...
2
2