Subject Author Posted Replies

My Snow Shoveling Solution For The Deck
After 25+ years of shoveling my deck by either forcing the snow through the railings or lifting it over, I finally decided that I was getting too old for that. The deck is 6' feet above the yard and...
31
31

Chimney Inspection
My condo association requires a chimney inspection every two years. The bus iness managers say the inspector need have no certification nor licensure. At a minimum, I want whoever does this to check...
9
9

Jonas storm south east USA, hope everyone is okay
Sounds really bad. Hope everyone is okay. 5:28 p.m. EST: Power outages are starting to increase rapidly in North Carolina, where about 104,000 customers are now without power according to a survey of...
7
7

Electrical Safety Quiz
* Electrical Safety Quiz * You're unplugging an electrical cord, when suddenly one of the prongs breaks off inside the outlet. What would you do? (Select one or more below): ---- 1. Panic and run out...
33
33

(OT) WTF is this?
They keep putting these extremely retarded commericals on TV for "Candy Crush". Apparently they are some sort of game for smartphones. (That' all I can make of them). I dont have (or want) a...
25
25

Q: The wattage for electric blankets?
Do you think that an electric blanket that has 100 Watts on each side is warmer than an electric blanket that is 180 Watts altogether?
5
5

should paint come off with a razor blade?
We want to repaint a plastered room. It has 2 (3?) previous coats of uncertain age. Some paint is coming off, at least partly due to water from a long-ago roof repair. I scraped it pretty...
8
8

Bosch SHP65T55UC dishwasher E15 error code:
On the Bosch dishwasher if error code 15 is observed it may be due to the w ater fill level exceeding the overflow limit. This may be due to a malfunct ion in the Bosch part # 752738 or generic part #...

Ancient CFL
I had a yellow CFL in use as a porch light for centuries now. It finally died yesterday and I replaced it today. Strange looking thing - looks like a regular incandescent bulb but with the sides...
5
5

Faucet aerator
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I...
10
10

fair charge to install deadbolt?
Hello, I want to install a deadbolt at a temp location (with owner's permission) but I don't have my tools with me. What would you folks consider a fair charge for the local competent handyman to...
5
5

Headphone socket on laptop?
Acer laptop with combo headphone/mic socket. The tip of a 3.5m stereo jack has detached inside the socket and it's cutting off the speakers. If I put the headphone jack with the missing tip back in...
10
10

House door opens by itself from severe cold weather
We're just getting over a severe cold spell. The temps were down around MINUS 15. Last night it warmed up to around 20 ABOVE ZERO. When I woke up this morning, my rear door was open. Fortunately it...
21
21

Rural mailbox
I bought my folks a battery operated transmitter. It chimes in the house and lights a red led when the mailbox door is opened. Works very well for them, but I don't know what the range is. I bought it...
64
64

Can plastic pipe go DIRECTLY to a water heater?
I was told there should be at least one foot of copper or steel pipe between the heater and PEX or CPVC pipes. Looking on the web, all I see are opinions, no facts. Does the code have anything to say...
2
2