Subject Author Posted Replies

Four socket in old house not powering devices
A couple days ago, I got called to a friend's house to troubleshoot a four outlet wall socket, which wasn't operating plug in devices. My three bulb tester said B-N was barely there, neon bulb was...
39
39

OT - device to prevent mass shootings
Might this be the asnswer to mass shooting violence? Could this be a deterrent for mass shootings?
1
1

troubleshooting an issue with my gas fireplace
**Looking for some insight/suggestions to address a problem concerning my propane gas heat and glo fireplace that has a pilot light assembly with both the thermocouple and thermopile. On on the...
9
9

Capping a Toilet Flange
I have a small "powder room" in my house which is never used. All it has is a toilet and sink. The water pipes to that room are disconnected. There were some broken pipes when I got this home because...
3
3

Air in hot water line
I recently had the (electric) hot water heater replaced. Because of code changes, the installer had to redo the power line (a 240 plug was no longer allowed, it had to be straight through) and fix...
4
4

SAMSUNG SUCKS
Tony's dishwasher topic led me to rant about my Samsung clothes dryer which I purchased in 2012. Within 6 months of ownership, it wasn't heating very well. My one year warranty covered a tech...
40
40

Shark stuck in PEX elbow
Those damn sharks....... I wonder if they can chew thru the PEX pipe????? (Just making sure everyone is awake and paying attention on here)..... ..... :)
4
4

Do they have to touch and would too much oil interfere in their touching?
My car's radio antenna doesn't fully retract when the radio is off and it's really cold out. I know it needs to have the mast lubricated, but the only "oil" I can find now is Sta-bil, the gasoline...
32
32

Dog Whistles
barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears? Wow! Thanks a lot, Sam!!! That's a great story!! I could not stop reading until the very end. Audio is good too, but reading it let's you...
14
14

Lasted only 2 years?
Our last GE dish washer lasted almost 20 years which I replaced pump motor once. This Bosch Acenta dish washer lasted 1/20 of time. Light flashes when power is on but nothing can be done. Any one...
6
6

Why Closing your Air Vents Will NOT Save you Money???
Of course you have to close the doors to those rooms, and I noticed a lot of coldness at the crack at the bottom of the door, so you probably should put a rolled up towel at the open crack.
40
40

TELEPHONE RINGS
Several weeks ago a hot water pipe over my utility room burst in my attic. Ever since then my telephone rings only 1 and a half rings then hangs up. On the wall in the kitchen which is next to my...
5
5

Water heater pan
I'm having a new natural gas water heater installed. My old one was sitting right on the concrete floor of the basement. There is no floor drain in the basement. The old one sprang a leak, hence the...
18
18

Why TP-Link Archer C5 router can't restablish without mac cloning
Anyone else have a TP-Link Archer C5 (AC1200) router that permanently loses it's connection the moment you unplug either it or the cable modem (for example, to move it) or whenever the Internet goes...
23
23

Need advice on ice maker valve replacement
The ice maker inlet valve on my 1979 Whirlpool fridge finally died. I can't explain why it failed so quickly. Anyway, I ordered what's supposed to be the correct replacement valve, which is this one:...
24
24