Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Sharknado 2
Sheesh!! This was a *sequel*? Does that mean there was an equally inane _Sharknado 1_??? I gave it all of 5 (?) minutes before the "WTF-factor" kicked in! Back to _Coupling_...
3
3

OT auto glass cleaning
Today was 6 month wax. Of course, wash beforehand. It took us a long time but we've finally found a scheme for washing the HOUSE windows (lots of glass, here) without streaking, lint, etc. But, no...
51
51

fix your own air conditioner
I have a free website dedicated for those that have air conditioning refrig eration questions! I have been an HVAC & R contractor in California for 25 years! I really like to talk with others that...
1
1

A clue-by-four for the folks of AHR
Jenn, (AKA Muggles, AKA Rebel, et. al.) will have the last word, regardless who's right or wrong on any subject. She got run off from Scorched-Earth because of her stubbornness like this, and is now...
51
51

Patching loose asphalt in driveway
I need to patch a spot in an asphalt driveway that has separated from the aggregate. It's level and the aggregate underneath is solid. This is where one wheel turns to make a 90 degree angle into the...
13
13

R-22 refrigerant prices 2016 per pound
Dc's Mechanical prices for R-22 freon per pound for 2016 is $35.00 per poun d! These are the lowest prices that cannot be beat! How much did you get ch arged per pound? No air conditioning company is...
5
5

Cold weather adaptation around the house
Western NYS, USA is three degrees below zero (Farenheit) today. Wonder what all I can do about the cold? Obvious answer is to stay home and turn the heat up. I've got a towel acting as a door snake,...
67
67

Wood panel repair
I am looking for some ideas on repairing or hiding a large hole in some paneling. Hole is about 8 x 12 inches. Paneling is no longer made. Hole is not in between studs. Thanks, Andy
22
22

Stray Droppings Worms?
An unknown neighbor lets their dog free to defecate on other lawns. The person in my house who took care of the yard recently passed away. So I'm wondering, would chlorine, benzene or plain ice salt...
3
3

Wainscoting and water
A few years ago we remodeled a bathroom and used wainscoting on the lower part of the walls, including below a hand-towel rail. Now I see that that portion of the wainscoting is deteriorating, the...
12
12

OT Idiot lights-out drivers
The police here could give a damn. Collect enough chips though and in sub-zero temps cracks start running between them. I suppose someday the windshield in my pickup will fall out on my lap.
537
537

The Most Expensive Pay Phone Call in History
You'll need a VERY LARGE Wallet to make this call.... (Or a fleet of Semi-Trucks filled with Dimes). http://www.thisisarecording.com/z/248-771-0023.mp3
39
39

(Floor) tile patterns
We're laying tile throughout most of the living areas (not bedrooms, carpet is warmer on bare feet!). I think the tiles are 14 or 16" square (not keen on unwrapping a pallet to measure). I'll be...
7
7

Drywall taping strategy
What are the relative pros/cons of tackling drywall/taping job in little pieces vs. the whole shebang? E.g., I can hang board, tape, skim coat, sand, etc. in a room-at-a-time before proceeding on to...
3
3

OT Good mid-range printer scanner
My old HP printer/scanner has died and I need to get a new one. Will be ch ecking Consumer Reports, but also wanted some opinions from this august bod y. I don't need any fancy features such as...
41
41