Subject Author Posted Replies

Lit up the list (reference to switchboard calls)
In spite of my starve the troll pledge, the list sure came to life for a couple days. Guess not much I can do about it. Yesterday my parents' heat went out. I went there to check it out. Lit a couple...
1
1

Wattage of Todays Computers V/S Older ones
Today's computers with their Dual or Quad core processors, and lots of Ram, extended video cards, high wattage power supplies and so on, appear to use a lot more input wattage and amps from an outlet,...
26
26

How to list all devices on the Windows or Linux home network
It works now that I have the syntax figured out! Windows & Linux FINALLY matches what Android & iOS reported all along for *all* devices attached to the network! Thanks to Whiskers for suggesting Fing...
8
8

Catskill_Aqueduct
The 163-mile (262 km) aqueduct consists of 55 miles (89 km) of cut and cover aqueduct, over 28 miles (45 km) of grade tunnel, 35 miles (56 km) of pressure tunnel, six miles (10 km) of steel siphon,...
3
3

OT: Star Trek VOYAGER
When will the BBS bring back the Star Trek VOYAGER series????? The next gen is getting very old, and there are two other series to break up the bordom...VOYAGER, and DEEP SPACE 9. I like VOYAGER...
8
8

- IF GUNS WERE LIKE COMPUTERS -
- IF GUNS WERE LIKE COMPUTERS - You're walking thru the woods and see a huge 20 point buck right ahead of you..... You raise your rifle and begin to point the barrel toward the buck. You look down the...
1
1

Painting Glossy Wood Panelling With Latex
In the past I have prepped wood paneling with something with a name like "liquid sandpaper" - very strong smelling, and I am sure quite toxic. I followed with latex paint, and the results were...
3
3

(dry) "Fitted stone" facades
In preparation for house paint (probably this Summer/Fall), I'm trying to decide what to do with the porches. Exterior of each is cheap, painted paneling. Rest of house is stucco over block. I could...
47
47

Draining Hot Water Heaters
Absolutely, at least for Sears and AOSmith. I cut one of mine open and there was a layer like vinyl, about 1/4", clearish, a little whitish, translucent. I had to work to pry it away from metal shell...
77
77

Humidifier belt and media
A couple times this week, the drive belt for my floor model Kenmore humidifer jumped off. I have a spare belt off a similar model. But, that spare belt jumped also. Figure it may be working too hard,...
8
8

microwave oven saga
Our GE JEM25DM3BB 1.0 cubic foot microwave oven crapped out recently and we couldn't find a suitable substitute. The oven functions would work, but it wouldn't heat. The problem is the microwave fits...
31
31

(OT) How does McDonald Keep the Golden Arches standing?
QUES: How does McDonald Keep the Golden Arches standing? ANS: Arch Supports!
1
1

If you need any electric motor
When I went out to our cabin Saturday, I noticed furnace quit running for a while. Thank goodness, weather has been mild all along indoor temperature stayed at above freezing. Found out draft inducer...
38
38

Dremel/mototool "bits"
I tend to use my (off-brand) mototool as a grinder/minirouter. So, most of the 8,000 bits in these "kits" are useless sanding disks, sanding drums, etc. Essentially useless for my needs. I'd like to...
46
46

Not only that Carrier moving to Mexico but soon we will be importing Electrical Energy fro South America Read below why:::
On the end of year they calculate how much did you use over the solar. = Because Solar fluctuate with the Sun some months are more some less. You = will be using PG&E at the times when there is no...
1
1