Subject Author Posted Replies

Acoustical insulation for stack vent
Two (maybe 2.5?) inch ABS vents kitchen sink in 2x4 exterior wall. Insulate with fiberglass? Or, sprayed foam? Note not much room *around* pipe given dimensions of wall. My thinking is sprayed foam...
14
14

OT: Cows face north-south
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Cattle shown to align north-south
3
3

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor
Hi, I received a quote for Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor Is this a good deal or am I being ripped? Thanks.
17
17

OSB "down" side
Aside from "feel", what's the reasoning behind the "down" side of OSB (vs. the "not down" side)?
6
6

Ladies & Gentlemen - Today's Date Does Not Exist in Reality
Ladies & Gentlemen - Today's Date Does Not Exist in Reality. And neither does this posting....... This posting is brought to you in True Living Color. Please stay tuned for select Home Repair advice,...

Door sizes
Exterior door measures 35.5" wide. I assume this is a nominal 36" door? Or, a bastard size acquired by developer when the home was built? (A neighbor's door is 31.5" wide which I would assume...
56
56

Faucet quality local vs online
In the last four years, I have bought two Moen faucets online at Amazon. Bo th were open-box specials. For both I think I received exactly what was des cribed. The first faucet I bought was a...
14
14

Cable question
What I meant by this is that it's probably a good idea to buy a second box, if you find a good place to buy one. WRT the place 5 lines up, I haven't looked much at cable boxes, andsince I don't have...
29
29

OT/ Ping Ed Pawlowski
You'd be surprised at what some people consider good, well probably not, as long as you have been around Que. But if you'd like some of the "best", these are the ones I'd recommend.. There are others...
2
2

field-brush-mowers
These looked really interesting on their TV ad, but the webpage has nothing but a couple pictures and the offer for them to mail you a catalog. redirected to Walk behind start at 2000. You'd think...
3
3

Emerson comments about a fine house
A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days. Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882), Society and...
1
1

Culligan restart
I'm writing on behalf of a friend who purchased a home with a Culligan water softener. Home is about 15 years old. Only markings found so far show Aqua Sensor. At this point she has never touched it....
10
10

Crappy kitchen drawers falling apart
I've inherited my late mother's home. It's a park model home (manufactured housing) and the cheapo particle board drawers are disintegrating. I'm gluing/nailing/screwing them back together. So far,...
2
2

Troublesome floor heater vents
Is there a grating that covers the vent? And, that would have a "lip" around the edge that is "solid" (whereas the center portion of the grate would be perforated to allow air flow). Can you just...
9
9

i Phone cord
Although my wife's iPhone is an engineering marvel, the original OEM charging cables are a POS. If she can get one to last two months, she's lucky. The "pen spring" fix may add a few days to the life....
12
12