Subject Author Posted Replies

Is the Easter Bunny male or female?
I can see which part you would eat first.
3
3

OT, Pressing Situation
Reminds me of putting pennies on RR tracks when we were kids... I probably have one still
2
2

OT - Wyndham Vacation TImeshare - Waste of Time??
fees, If you can resist the sales pitch, these things are usually what they say they are. They will be steering you into time shares they own as the "hotel". I used to get them a lot but I guess I...
30
30

Why are copper fittings brighter than copper pipe?
Newer fittings are "lighter", in color or in weight or both?
29
29

OT Ebay Bidding every 10 seconds
You provided a link to a closed auction. I thought the bid history on a closed auction showed the actual bids. I just watched a recent auction and waited until it closed, then looked at the bid...
21
21

OT Weird!
I got my "Bahamas" tag off with my pocket knife. I just scored it around the rusted up bolt and wiggled it until the metal parted. This was on a junked truck bumper that was laying face down in the...
23
23

Two-Stroke Engine Fuel Ratios
Don't recall what I was using but shop told me that it was reason I was having problems that I brought to them. I did not want to inventory different mixes so used the same in all. I had two Lawnboys,...
11
11

Tanglefoot, on tree trunks?
That's what it is. Ants. Aha. I forgot to say that, but that was the other reason I was reluctant to use a band. You confirmed what I feared. Good. Especially since my season is less than a month, Oh...
2
2

Update on rebuilt and painted burd feeder
These are similar to the ones I linked to. Mine have a screw on the bottom so that you can adjust the amount of tension. It also comes with a "guide" that gives you approximate weights of birds. It's...
8
8

weed eater
I have a cheapo Ryobi 725 and when the weeds get too big for the weed eater I stick the hedge trimmer attachment on it. That will eat stiff up to 1/2" or so.
17
17

OT: Amazon Just Got On My "Sleazeball" List
FedEx uses the same system, Smart Post. Makes sense as the USPS visits every house every day so the can go that last couple of miles cheaper than the UPS truck. The post office will deliver Prime...
42
42

(OT) Cellphone App that amazes me
First, no one said installing an app over WiFi was an "ordeal". Second, a provider is most certainly needed. WiFi is a network connection and someone must *provide* that network connection. You don't...
28
28

iOS 4, locked phone
The people in that newsgroup will know.
1
1

OT: Please pass the connectors!
I'm currently working on a YAFI -- Yet Another F**king Interface. I laugh when I read about the interoperability of Federal and local agencies. I've never hit one yet that didn't have their own flavor...
10
10

Spring, when everyone's thoughts turn to...
Here is what I dug up..... Spam is named after a classic skit from Monty Python's Flying Circus, which took place in a diner where everything on the menu had spam in it. During the whole skit, a...
5
5