Subject Author Posted Replies

Updating flat-panel doors
DPB, u Thanx for the Old House website, it was exactly what I am planning to do. Now I can show the clip to my wife so she doesn't think I am crazy for doing it.
25
25

Snowblower: Putting Away For The Season ?
Hi, What's the "best" way of putting away a Snowblower for the off-season ? I always put in some of that Stab-Oil, and pull the starter rope a few times. Don't necessarily re-start it, but imagine...
38
38

worried about contaminating in clean water pipe
i've notices some black hard bits (look like gravel but smaller) in my tub these couple of days and i think they come out of the shower. i'm worried there are leaks on the sewer drain pipe and on...
8
8

Remove melted plastic from ceramic hob?
Plastic carrier bag left on hob which had a ring partially on. Melted plastic now stuck to it, got some off by scraping with a knife but don't want to scrape too much in case I score the ceramic. Have...
6
6

(OT) Computer Monitor flickers
Computer Monitor flickers. It almost looks like a florescent light before they burn out. The picture is clear, but it constantly flickers (dims and brightens). It's a Flat screen LCD Acer 8193w. (or...
2
2

Removing rust stain from fake wood
Thought I'd share this. I went ot a garage sale and there was a small cabinet made from particle board with fake woodgrain. It was solid and in good shape, but there was a rust stain across the whole...

refrigerators losing freon after unplugging for one year
When you say it was running, does that mean that the compressor was running continuously or just that it was plugged in? Are the condenser coils warm to the touch? To have this happen to 3 is very...
15
15

(OT) About New Orleans being built below sea level
I was just watching a program on tv about New Orleans, which showed a lot about the buildings, culture, and other stuff. They briefly showed how it's built below sea level (which I knew), but I was...
16
16

Anchor to asphalt
Hi All, I am building a storage "room" under an outdoor staircase. The area around the stairs is asphalt. I want to anchor the bottom walls to the asphalt. I do plan on liquid nails but I'd like to...
12
12

What's a Hammer for?
Removing faucet handles from a well rusted faucet. Stapling Romex to floor joists. Those were the one or two I can remember from the last week or two.
7
7

Question about insulating my shed to make it a home office
Since it is a low pitch roof with no ridge, how should I be ventilating it (or do I not need to)? There is no attic and the plan was to insulate it and have the fiberglass batting flush up against the...
5
5

Woodworking humor
What did the stud wall say to the carpenter ? "What are you going to do , stand me up ? Tomorrow , I will be standing up the 2 walls I framed today . Moving right along !

OT - SpaceX successfully lands its rocket on a floating drone ship for the first time
I think this is absolutely amazing. SpaceX has finally landed its Falcon 9 rocket on a drone ship at sea, after launching the vehicle into space this afternoon. It's the first time the company has...

Asphalt Crack Question ?
Hi, Have a typical asphalt driveway. Where it meets the asphalt that the Town put down, there is about 1/4 to perhaps 1/2 inch gap. A bit too much, I think, for the typical liquid driveway sealer that...
9
9

OT: Home Town Auto Service
Eight old trailing messages. Long since time to trim excess text. Also, not on topic for a home repair list.
36
36