Subject Author Posted Replies

What advantage is diesel for a passenger car
Read today that almost all vans and half the cars in Europe run on diesel. The only thing I know about diesel is it stinks and gives me headaches. I get why a huge truck with a heavy load would run on...
27
27

Re: Orange gunk on bathroom ceiling
I know this is super old, but this problem plagued me so I'll answer. It's obviously not mold, because it can't be killed. It obviously is not hard water/rust because it is sticky resin and not in...
2
2

I need a low frequency kitchen timer
Hi All, I can hear above 1950 Hz. Is seems that all digital kitchen use the same transducer 2000 Hz. Anyone know of a digital 10 key kitchen timer with a lower frequency alarm? Many thanks, -T
8
8

Help looking/owners manual
I have an old singer wall heater model w a-40 240 volts cat is 5990 16.6 amps 4000 w I really need an owner's manual so I can figure out if it has the reset switch and figure out how to work the thing...
2
2

Transmission Problem?
I can't find an appropriate newsgroup for this, but this is an 'OT' newsgroup, with smart mechanics. I've got a 2013 Mazda CX-9, with 128K miles. It runs perfectly, but the check engine light has been...
36
36

Inflation calculator
I've used this frequently to make comparisons both for myself and for discussions about cost. Are you living better? Put in your wages from 1970 and see how it compared to now. Or the $200 car you...
79
79

OT Family History
Our local weekly paper has many articles from area contributors. The one today was about documenting family history. I really liked the opening line from today's author: "I come from a mall mid-west...
4
4

Groundhog day is disappointing
Thought I'd celebrate groundhog day. Went to the store and all they had was rotisserie chicken. No groundhog.
12
12

Monowi, NE. Population 1
<> There are little towns like this scattered all around. I can drive to some where I knew the owners of some businesses. They had to close for lack of business or the owners just got old with no one...
2
2

OT. Cattle Drive
There was a bit of a cattle drive in southwest Nebraska a few days ago. The state patrol stopped traffic on a highway for awhile. A flat bed truck with hay led the parade to bribe the cattle. The...
14
14

OT: Six signs your pickup truck is too big!
I WANT ONE!!!!! https://media.townhall.com/cdn/hodl/cartoons/payn_c19585720230130103102-800x0.jpg https://media.townhall.com/cdn/hodl/cartoons/payn_c19585720230130103102-800x0.jpg

Electrical basics
Many her know about electricity and electronics, but we can always learn more. I'm sure you can pick up useful tips here that will help you in the future. I'd like to have him do some upgrading in my...
3
3

Kitchen faucet sprayer problem
1 of 132324 Kitchen faucet sprayer 0 views Subscribe Noel8's profile photo Noel8 Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:32 PM (11 days ago) to I have been using the typical kitchen sprayer for years. Recently i had to...
5
5

Fixture with a Large Flange on Lap Siding (?)
How do the pro's (the good ones) handle the situation of mounting a light-fixture with a flange that is larger than a single lap? Do they just leave the gaps? Goop the heck out of it?
4
4

Black and Decker hand vac problem
Anyone had this problem before? PHV1800 Series 2 retractable handheld vacuum unit was working fine until we took filter out for emptying/cleaning. When we put it back, it does three times the speed...
9
9