Subject Author Posted Replies

Pool light question
I think they are lying about their light output. I've not seen a 20 watt led capable of producing the same light output as a 300 watt halogen.
71
71

Moving water heater to other side of wall
I have a 20-year-old electric water heater that is still working well. It is installed in a laundry closet in the small kitchen. On the other side of the laundry closet is the garage. I am moving the...
11
11

Dishwasher Repair (again)
Rerack works really well.
8
8

Location for Pendants from the edge of the kitchen bar.
Have a project to install pendant lights over the kitchen bar. I can find lots of tips on-line as to what the correct height should be, but nothing on the actual location as to how far back from the...
1
1

Programmable Thermostat Set Points
I don't understand the set-points on my programmable thermostat My thermostat has "Heat" and "Cool" settings. If I want the temperature in my house to be no warmer than 80°, should I set the "COOL"...
23
23

OT: Global warming alarmists
https://www.prageru.com/courses/environmental-science/what-they-havent-told-you-about-climate-change#
11
11

OT Yahoo breach
The author doesn't seem to understand/grasp the different ways one can accomplish cracking passwords, OR, you misunderstood what they wrote. I didn't check your url, so can't confirm. No example...
35
35

How do you install a motion sensor...box full?
It's hard to imagine this isn't a problem for most everyone. These electronic gizmos fill up the whole damn box. I managed to get GFCI sockets installed, but only because the thing has a pass-thru so...
3
3

How do I clean chipmunk driveway sealer tracks from my garage floor?
The two friendly chipmunks who live in a woodpile near my garage and drivew ay decided to walk partway across the driveway and then across the front of my garage to get from one side of the property...
7
7

Multiple Thermoatats & Multiple Baseboard Heaters
I searched but didn't find the right answer so I apologize if this is a duplicate. When wiring multiple baseboards on 1 circuit with each having it's own tstat where do you junction the line wire?...
1
1

Active auto repair groups?
Anyone know of any active auto repair groups?
22
22

Pine Tree Sap
Does anyone know how to remove pine tree sap from clothes?
5
5

(OT) Universal Remote codes
And, google the remote model number to find codes. Be aware, because the remote might be old, the exact codes might not be in the remote for a newer TV. But some may work.
6
6

(OT) Turning CD music into MP3 ???
VBR can certainly effect an improvement depending on the target bit rate. Same for ABR. Joint stereo can improve too. ------------------------------ The only ripper I have ever used/heard that...
14
14

Air Powered Brad Nailer
I bought an Air Powered Brad Nailer at a rummage sale. It appears to work properly, but it did not come with any brads. I asked the seller what kind of brads to use, but he said this tool belonged to...
8
8