Subject Author Posted Replies

Jello Yackets
A friend told me he got bit by a jello yacket, while working on his roof last weekend. I told him to stop eating jello !!! :)
3
3

What is a good remote level gauge for above-ground home heating oil tank?
My guess would be dead batteries. Her fuel oil dealer should be able to replace them.
9
9

Beep beep beep!
Something started beeping yesterday. Spaced a minute or so apart. First I thought it was a radio malfunctioning. but after turning things on and off it wasn't. Nothing else plugged in and turned on in...
7
7

How resilient are fruit fly larvae?
For some reason, this summer, the fruits I got had lost of fruit flies. It led to an infestation in my apartment, which I got rid of using a cup cont aining a shallow amount of apple cider vinegar, to...
9
9

neon lighgts
how long have people been making neon signs?
7
7

Those Dangerous Samsung Phones that start on fire....
It looks like Samsung cant fix the problem of these phone batteries starting on fire. They even evacuated a commercial plane because of one of them (instead of just tossing the phone out a door or...
32
32

running a house with one hot and no neutral - didn't know you could do that
Hurricane Matthew dropped a limb on my neighbor's house, jerked two of the three wires down from the pole. To my surprise he still has power, though just 120, no 240. I had to look again, sure enough...
5
5

Have You Ever Measured Your 48" Drywall T-Square?
I have 2 Drywall T squares, made by 2 different companies. Neither of them is actually 48". One is 1/8" short, the other is shy by 3/16". The problem isn't the side with the markings that start at "0"...
17
17

White stain with powdery substance on wood joist
Hi - We noticed a white powdery substance on the wood joists in our attic? Does anyone have any clue on what this could be? I'm not sure if this could be mold, a ventilation issue, or something else?...
5
5

Bathtub overflow gasket leaking
I've probably posted about this before but we've got a leaky overflow gaske t on our brand new tub in our brand new bathroom. Our daughter just took her first bath. I pleaded with her not to fill it t...

Leaking toilet
I know a couple who recently got a $1600 water bill for one of the properties they own. Here in Milwaukee the water is cheap enough that land lords often just include it in the rent. Due to sewage and...
34
34

No "NO Vacancy" signs. OH TEE
I haven't seen a "no vacancy" sign at a motel for years. Any ideas why that courtesy fell out practice? The closest I've seen lately was a note on the door of a motel I stayed at one night.
3
3

"Is your refrigerator
running? I might vote for it." That was on a sign at a local gas station.
1
1

up grade electrical panel for garage
i have my garage running off a 20amp breaker and i want to upgrade to handle more electric load. what are my options
29
29

OT Vasectomy
10