Subject Author Posted Replies

Obstructed drain floods parking lot
Not a question but post 2, after this one, is the end of the parking lot story. You may have already read most of this one, especially the first part. Did I ever tell you all about my parking lot...
5
5

Extendable Handle on Large 1/2" Ratchet
Many years ago, I got a 1/2" (drive) ratchet which had a long handle, and also had an extendable handle, so with the handle extended, it was 18" to almost 2 feet long. It was in my truck last winter,...
3
3

Good on-line tool catalog
Had a large number of hand and power tools stolen. Trying to make a list for insurance claim. Google turns up stuff but a lot of the sites are terrible. Hard to find prices, very slow loading, etc....
4
4

OT: New interesting car battery problem (part two)
So, after helping my buddy find a new battery at a good price and getting it put in, here's what happened. Recap. He has a 2010 Honda CRV, 225K highway miles on it. Only problem is it was throwing a...
24
24

OT Blood pressure
Since (self included) most here are a bunch of grumpy old men I thought this worth asking. I'm 67 years old and have always had good checkups. I also take my pulse occasionally and it's always been...
60
60

using a jack hammer
An obnoxious contractor working for a neighbor left a ball of cement almost 3 feet in diameter in the woods next to my house. They were separate blobs, not yet totally set, but they're all stuck...
28
28

Handyman Put Cement On Top of Old Concrete (using sand) -Will It Hold?
Posting some photos would probably help if you are able to do that. About how big is the "path"? I am guessing that if he mixed the Sakrete concrete himself, it is not a very large area. The chances...
12
12

Washing Machine Questions ?
I've had no problems with my Samsung. Don't by LG.
11
11

Cure time on a pad
Poring a pad for a double wide home compact gavel rebar on a two foot grid pattern what is the minimum time after the pad is poured till I can safely set double wide
2
2

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies
4
4

outlet smells
Get the fuck out of your house and call 911.
14
14

Types of Patio Covers?
I'm tearing down the old one next weekend. Once it's all down and cleared out, I would like to put another one up, only this time the *right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks...
6
6

Smartphones are not so Smart
Smartphones are not so Smart. If you drop them in the toilet, they dont even scream when you pull the flush handle.

OT: New but interesting car battery issue
A friend of mine has a 2012 Honda CRV. He was having an issue with the check engine light coming on due to a catalytic converter issue. That has been going on for a long time, it's not new. If he goes...
49
49

Jello Yackets
A friend told me he got bit by a jello yacket, while working on his roof last weekend. I told him to stop eating jello !!! :)
3
3