Subject Author Posted Replies

How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway?
How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway? In another thread, the topic came up that LED lights may not last as long nor as bright as claimed on the package: Lights of...
32
32

OT car rental rates at airport
OT car rental rates at airport It's almost always more expensive to rent a car a the airport (or to return it there) right? In practice, does that mean the higher rate continues as long as one keeps...
19
19

More scary haunted house stuff . . . .
Haunted Victorian by Alison About two years ago, myself and my three children moved into a Victorian house estimated at about 100 years old. At the time we were moving in, my daughter's friend (16)...

Electric Motor Brushes (did the plastic expand?)
I have one of those portable 3 wheel bandsaws. I bought it *used* at an auction last year. I tested it before I bid, and ran it when I got home, and it worked fine. I cut a few smallish boards a while...
1
1

Can Remodeling Spook Sleeping Ghosts?
Apparently so ..... Like this one..... By Stephen Wagner About a year ago, my little brother, who is 21 years old, moved out of my parent's house and into my great-grandparent's house in a small town...
2
2

Baseboard heat
I'm finishing my basement and need to move the baseboard heating pipes that feed up to the first floor heaters. It is the original pipes from the 20's but the radiators have been replaced with...
1
1

i have a hole under my hot water heater that is 5 inches wide that goes outside can i cover it up
am putting new floor under gas hot water heater,there is a hole in old floor under water heater for vent i think?can i cover it up
8
8

Inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?
What is an inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights? There are four of these sets of lights, each of which holds 4 flourescent bulbs, which keep flickering, burning out, and making...
47
47

Have you ever found any dead skeletons in walls?
Found a dead desiccated mouse in floor under a kitchen cabinet. Thankfully it must have died when flies could not lay eggs or it would be a big problem with smell. Why I never use rat poison in the...
1
1

What would you use to hold down a HF tire changer?
What would you use to hold down a HF tire changer? I bought the harbor freight tire changer and changed a couple of car tires. They were easy but I really need to bolt that damn thing down somehow. I...
27
27

Tappan Glow Plug
That may be more than my abilities allow. There is no pilot light and the glow plug (their name for the device). Replacing the device changed nothing else so perhaps it is supposed to remain on while...
5
5

Old Roper 20072 LP conversion
I have an old Roper apartment stove model #20072. For the last 30 years or so it have run on natural gas. I want to use it now with LP gas. I can not read the tag very well but it dose mention...
2
2

Cleaning gutters
I am really tired of cleaning out our gutters every year. Over the years I have seen various commercials for gutter guards, leaf guards, gutter screens and whatever. Has anyone got any recommendations...
21
21

OT New Car Test Drive Insurance Coverage
I visited a new car dealer who required a driver's license and an auto insurance coverage card to take a test drive. Requiring a driver's license makes sense, but their insurance would cover their...
14
14

HD mail order screw up
Needing a new mailbox, I looked at them on line and found one I liked with post was available with free shipping. Figuring I'd save the 20 mile round trip, I ordered it. Three boxes arrived today: The...