Subject Author Posted Replies

Plumbing KILLS !!!
The real truth about plumbing, is this: Plumbing KILLS !!! All types of plumbing used in the past, and currently in use, can and will damage your health and eventually kill you. At one time, Lead...
5
5

Half a House
This site talks about the unseen in our world. It focuses on design and architecture. The article here starts off talking about the 2010 earthquake in Chile. It shows the housing brought in to give...
4
4

OT: Be careful what you eat before surgery
In a welcome break from politics, The drapes even caught fire!!! An operating room snafu out of Japan is generating headlines because of its bizarre nature: It seems a patient's fart ignited a fire...

Inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?
What do you think, honestly, of this idea? Costco has supposedly "universal" LED replacement tubes: The price is currently $7.70 per tube: So I bought 16 of these reputedly "universal" LED tubes: At...
42
42

Robot could build much of your next house
Per Oren: Back in the mainframe days, we used to joke about media treatments of "Artificial Intelligence" - calling it "Artificial Stupidity". Looks to me like The Real Deal is here - and I would...
13
13

clearing clogged sink drain
A bathroom sink drain is clogged almost 100%. I used a basic snake attached to my drill. It goes down 5' and stops. I opened the hatch in the ceiling of the closet below. There is a sideways T fitting...
39
39

Ford V-8 story

Charter spectrum home phone
Any single-line touch-tone corded POTS phone should work.
2
2

Leaking kitchen faucet
My Peerless dual-sink kitchen faucet is leaking where the spout attaches to the base and knobs and swings back and forth between sinks and sink areas. It's probably impossible or requires removal of...
7
7

Does your Coffin have a Lifetime Warranty?
Does your Coffin have a Lifetime Warranty? Are there any exemptions or limitations in this warranty?
16
16

How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway?
How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway? In another thread, the topic came up that LED lights may not last as long nor as bright as claimed on the package: Lights of...
32
32

OT car rental rates at airport
OT car rental rates at airport It's almost always more expensive to rent a car a the airport (or to return it there) right? In practice, does that mean the higher rate continues as long as one keeps...
19
19

More scary haunted house stuff . . . .
Haunted Victorian by Alison About two years ago, myself and my three children moved into a Victorian house estimated at about 100 years old. At the time we were moving in, my daughter's friend (16)...

Electric Motor Brushes (did the plastic expand?)
I have one of those portable 3 wheel bandsaws. I bought it *used* at an auction last year. I tested it before I bid, and ran it when I got home, and it worked fine. I cut a few smallish boards a while...
1
1

Can Remodeling Spook Sleeping Ghosts?
Apparently so ..... Like this one..... By Stephen Wagner About a year ago, my little brother, who is 21 years old, moved out of my parent's house and into my great-grandparent's house in a small town...
2
2