Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, Ping gfre From Florida
Thanks but I have no use for a "Piccolo" drive. I do have a platter from one in this clock. It is the second one in (8") That drive was used in white box AS/400s and several smaller systems or support...
1
1

OT. Online pricing
Article here about online pricing: Even the type of computer can make a difference according to this.
1
1

Construction Adhesive Nightmare
One solution might be to just put the new drywall over the paneling?
13
13

New furnace
I have one in the kitchen. Everyone in my neighborhood has one. You put bottles of water in it or you hook a line to the dispenser and cold water comes out. Even makes ice.
34
34

OT, Need A Hobby?
Uncle Monster posted for all of us... Nice! Congrats to him. Reminds me of my father who was a machinist. I could not do something like that... Even if I did manage to get it running the next comment...
1
1

Hard to believe they used to wire stuff like this....
A *cool* website showing all the old antique wiring from the past! Worth viewing....
2
2

OT Canadian Wall
News Update from Canada The flood of Trump-fearing American liberals sneaking across the border into Canada has intensified in the past week. The Republican presidential campaign is prompting an...
8
8

Amazon prices
When I started shopping at Amazon in 1999, I quickly came to believe that their prices were very good. For the past year or so, I've been feeling that their prices can no longer be taken for granted...
14
14

Running a separate wire for grounding
Although I do not understand the reasoning for this code rule, I always understood that if you have the old 2 prong outlets, fed from old cable, which does not have a ground wire, that you can NOT run...
8
8

The SuperMoon is gonna Crash into the Earth......
The SuperMoon is causing flooding in Southern Florida, Next it will probably Crash into the Earth...... Pack your suitcases now!

Cargo Tie Downs
micky, Did you look at the pictures? It's a hard-top convertible. You can tie down to the roof and the trunk-lid. Dave M.
3
3

OT the reserves
I seem to recall that about 1957 you could join the national guard without the 6 month obligation for full time which was coming. I considered it but needed to work in the summer. Also recall a friend...
5
5

What did the guy really say?
So how does "mal" fit into that? She also said "Don't I scare you a little bit, that you would talk like this?" Then she got back to the case.
2
2

Where do you get those big fat plugs for extension cords?
Not a bad price - and it's Cooper - so not a "cheap knock-off" product. Strange thing is, at least here in Ontario the labour department will not allow use of a "repaired cord" on a job-site - and a...
25
25

Best and Worst brands of Circuit Breakers
Perhaps you should actually listen to engineers who have investigated the problems and what was done to fix it. It is not likely we will see 15 and 20a circuits run in aluminum any time soon but 8ga...
10
10