Subject Author Posted Replies

colling: wall
One problem with through the wall air conditioners is that when it comes time to replace them how do you find any the same size? Bill
16
16

Outdoor Lighting
You are the guy who posted about a 120 gal/day water leak. Lot's of us replied, what did you discover about the leak?
27
27

Review: LED replacements for T8 Fluorescent Tubes
But the high voltage is NOT impressed across the 2 pins. Across the pins sees only less than 12 volts in typical operation The 600 or 800 vots is the ionization voltage BETWEEN the 2 filaments - from...
64
64

Pre hung 30x76 six panel doors
Best place to find these doors.
3
3

View point to check burner on Kenmore dryer 110.74842400
I live far away from the Kenmore 110.74842400 gas dryer that I need to service. The problem is it's not heating. I would like to know before I get there if the burner is coming on or not and if it is,...
4
4

Mattress pad vs. new mattress
My old mattress is well worn. I probably should buy a new one but hate to think of the fuss and scheduling to remove and deliver a new mattress plus tearing apart the bedding and putting it back. And...
16
16

Hi there, I scrape almost know for four days to remove stubborn hard acrylic paint of a wall that was painted over oil base, I've tried a heat gun but the smell prevent ,e due to health, is their a paint remover that will remove both at once
That has to be a record. The subject line contains 24 times the number of words that are in the body of the post.
2
2

OT: how to handle a telemarketer
A friend sent me this: Comedian and viral video creator Tom Mabe. For more than two decades this Kentucky comic has made millions of fans with his prank phone calls, viral videos, stand-up comedy, a...

OT: a must read for diabetics
This is a good example of fake news that keeps getting re-posted. I'd like to see you give us one example where Monsanto sued farmers where their crops were accidentally cross contaminated with...
5
5

Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?
Brazing and silver soldering uses a flux to take the place of that sheild gas. Propane or MAPP are fine for soldering and brazing. TERRIBLE foir welding. Kinda like Mig welding with no gas and not...
147
147

Questions which came up only AFTER I drilled a hole in concrete
Yep! :) Most drills today (at least the cordless drills) include an impact setting, and use a standard chuck. But yes, a true impact driver either accepts hex bits, or has a square drive to hold...
78
78

I guess it is time for a new washing machine
The spin cycle stops. I can open the lid and close it again and the spin starts but will only run for a few seconds and stops. I assume this is the motor going bad. Any less expensive solutions?
10
10

OT: 40 High-Speed Tailgaters Idiot Club Have First Meeting of The Season
The northbound lanes of Interstate 75 near Holly, Mich., were shut down on Saturday, December 10, after a large crash involving dozens of vehicles. Approximately 40 cars and three semis were involved.
1
1

OT Toyota mechanics ? OT
there is a Yahoo group with very knowledgeable Toyota techs.. Toyotas I joined it so long ago I don't recall how.. You can figure it out i'm sure. I think it is an email list server, even older than...
18
18

Drier vent plugged at exhaust oulet
I have the same set up you have and I let a neighbor use my dryer and after she cleaned the lint screen she forced it back in and caused it to be bent and that some lent by pass it.
14
14