Subject Author Posted Replies

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water
What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl floor? I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much...
9
9

OT car paint, clear coat, color coat
Clear coat on first, I can only assume it to seal old paint and retain basic color undercoat for final coat. Normal I apply color coat over proper color primer, then while it's still tacky, apply...
5
5

old GE electric stove oven takes forever to heatup
bought new element we installed but still takes about 30 minutes to get to 350 or 400 Old GE electric smooth top range still love it
2
2

What Breaker Is Compatible With Crouse Hinds Panel?
I need to replace one of these 20A Crouse Hinds breakers with a 15A. This is the best picture that I have, but I'm pretty sure it's a Type MP. I'm not mistaken, CH is now Murray, so I think this is...
10
10

OT: Titanic sank due to enormous uncontrollable fire, not iceberg, experts claim
This is an interesting twist on the sinking of the Titanic. Titanic sank due to enormous uncontrollable fire, not iceberg, experts claim or The sinking of the RMS Titanic may have been caused by an...
19
19

Car trunk smell
I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating, I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten...
11
11

Light bulb question
Yep, you are right...equivalent to 100 watt so it gives very good light
22
22

Fridges and washing machines could be vital witnesses in murder plots
Oren posted for all of us... Yes, the russkee hackers could get in and change the outcome. Probably cycle the power quickly and blow its mind. Better to have an excess of cameras (especially in the...
2
2

Buzzing sound on Panasonic cordless phones (2023 Update)
Gary, did the buzzing problem start only after installing the new batteries?
23
23

OT, do not call question
This FTC page says: "The government is not releasing cell phone numbers to telemarketers." 1) So how will a telemarketer know what cell phones he's not allowed to call? 2) If you wanted CreditKarma's...
8
8

Tomatoes from Seed
I bought a pack of 100 seeds for trees. Not one will germinate. Next time I get saplings.
21
21

OT: Amazon - Add-On Item Shipped Separately?
Walmart has similar issues. If you order something online for pickup in the store, they ship it to the store as a separate FedEx package, even when it is on the shelf at the store. I expect they get a...
36
36

Pruning trees below freezing?
If it doesn't go well he can use a sling-shot and some fishing line, or string. Ham radio guys have high quality sling shots with attached fishing reels that they use to send a leader over a high...
14
14

Motion detection lights not working f
Outside motion detection lights not coming on. Red power light is on on motion sensor but lights will not come on.
3
3

OT - Happy Silvester to ng