Subject Author Posted Replies

Tiles on top of slate roof?!
Is this planning permission bullshit, or is there a good reason to do this? Near me there is a terrace of very old small stone cottages with slate rooves. Most of the rooves are leaking, so people are...
11
11

My car wouldn't start in the cold and they banged on something and it started
My car wouldn't start in the cold after I parked it an hour. 2. AAA came and banged on something and it started. 3. A mechanic replaced what's in that sheet above. They charged me $500 even. It's a...
24
24

OT Amazon emails.
Do you remember the short silly thread we had when I pointed out the ambiguous message from Amazon, "Your package is coming early Saturday". when they meant any time on Saturday? I didn't complain to...

OT Youtube short-story videos?
OT Youtube short-story videos? Have any of you come across youtube videos that tell a story, with a narrator, told like it's true, but with no details about where or when. They use mostly still photos...
1
1

dumbwaiter
Has anyone gotten a dumbaiter> How do you go about getting a small manual (crank?), three-floor dumbwaiter about 5 cu ft, that isn't too expensive. Even to order a kit and get a local carpenter to...
1
1

tile board
I've seen pressboard that looks like tiles on bathroom (not in bath, tho) walls in some installations (doctor's basement office, church bathroom). Now I saw it at home depot long ago, but I feel...
1
1

Floor Drains
I once got a friend a floor drain that had a flexible (kinda like corrugated) hose on it. I can't for the life of me find it online. What buzzwords am I missing? Ideally from Home Depot or Walmart.
3
3

OT. Record Paper Plane Flight
At least some people are dong useful things with their time. <> It flew almost 290 feet. Dillon Ruble and Garrett Jensen, both engineers at Boeing, broke a record in December that had only a little to...
5
5

OT. Relaxation Apps?
A TV commercial showed one of these this Sunday afternoon. A quick search turned up quite a few of these. Right now there's lightning, thunder, and a good shower over my place. Watching sunrises or...
1
1

Lower voltage diode the other side of a step up transformer?
Can I put a diode BEFORE a step up transformer so I can use a lower voltage diode for half wave rectification?
79
79

Maytag washer lid repair
I have a Maytage A484 top load washer I bought in 1992. It has survived several moves and I've done some minor repairs. Somewhere over the time the pieces the lid pivots on disappeared. It seems to be...
13
13

Two Million COSORIĀ® Air Fryers Recalled
Two Million COSORIĀ® Air Fryers Recalled by Atekcity Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert) Electric vehicles and appliances are safe and effective. Consumers should immediately stop using the...
16
16

Re: Can't get carpet attachment off vacuum hose
Yes heating with hair dryer did the job like a breeze. Thanks a lot....

Do all sewers with rats have rats exploring outside the sewer?
Do all sewers have rats? Do all sewers with rats have rats exploring outside the sewer? Or do some just mind their own business and not come out? Because I live next to a fairly large stream, it's...
10
10

LED Light Bulbs in Rough Service Application?
Got a couple of high lumen output screw-in GE light bulbs that I'm thinking about installing in the power-head bulb sockets of a screw drive garage door opener. Worth a try-- or death sentence for the...
22
22