Subject Author Posted Replies

Expected Life Of a Pedestal Sump Pump ?
The backup battery charger is IMPORTANT!!!
43
43

Keeping mineral wool exposed without constant dust?
ove the electrical panel, the concrete block wall behind the boiler, etc, d ue to too many pipes or electrical conduits. Yet I still need to maintain a fire rated ceiling in those locations. The...
4
4

OT. National Anthem, Saxophone
A nice change of pace before the Packers/Falcons NFC championship game.
1
1

Loft in Garage
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is with the OP's method, ie that the new joists sit on 2x4s sistered to the existing ones and sitting below the top plate, results in a big lowering of the joists....
22
22

vibration after motor change
We recently had a motor replaced on our Lennox G61MVP series central air system. My wife called me while they were change the motor as I wasn't able to be there. They had the wrong puller for the job,...
5
5

Ratings Of Tools By Brand
Ratings Of Tools By Brand * 1 Snap-On * 2 Blue-Point * 3 Craftsman * 4 Companion (Sears) * 5 Ace Hardware * 6 Great Neck * 7 Mac * 8 Matco * 9 KD * 10 Harbor Freight * 11 Other Options Seems to be a...
9
9

Ants Ants Everywhere! How to kill?
There are perimeter treatments that work somewhat. A few years ago I had perimeter treatment with Termidor for termites. Although I did not have termites they were all over outside the house and...
13
13

OT. Army picks Sig Sauer P320
New service pistol for the Army:

armstrong ceiling tile # 901
this product is discontinued, where can I find some of these?
1
1

Does the car have a hater or an AC?
Would using the damage free picture hangers work? Something like the Command hangers? Velcro? There are also rugged smart phones. I haven't investigated those so I don't know exactly what the term...
48
48

OT, how do I get my Amazon replacement?
I found a line like this on one item that I was not buying in Amazon: Save $5.00 on every 5 Qualifying Items you purchase. Enter code X9ML7TWK at checkout. More evidence that you're right. And in...
6
6

OT ish I just got an offer from Spectrum
What ever happened to the old phones that ran strictly off of the phone company's supply? Would one of those still work? The phone company would have their own backups if memory serves.
8
8

Aluminum window will slide up, open, but not back down!
This window will not close. But, the weird thing is. .it will open! I'm afraid to open it any higher tho'! The house is close to 80 years old and I don't know if these windows have ever been replaced....
1
1

Question about plumbing
Last night I ran the water for my bath, but when I tried to turn it off, the cold water turned off just like normal, but the hot water valve wouldn't turn off all the way. We ended up having to turn...
33
33

Solid wood filler?
I have a yard gate that is causing me problems. Its 'hinges' are two large diameter (3/4"?) 'L' shaped bolts that screw into 2 x 4s. The gate has 'brackets' that fit over the vertical part of the 'L'...
9
9