Subject Author Posted Replies

does anyone make a decent wiper blade?
I bought the wipers from the parts counter and installed them myself. They are silent, clean perfectly, fit perfectly, no big bulges where it attaches to the arm, and all three cost $54.75.
28
28

New faucet - reduced flow
You must really smell bad.........
11
11

Mercaptan stink!
I kinda agree. My info source was the propane delivery guy, a source I've come to trust in the 6 yrs I've known and dealt with him. He also did not know the exact reason. But, it seems to be a common...
2
2

Electrical advice-30A circuits
Having any standard outlets on a 30A breaker is both dangerous and a code violation. There should be two 15A or 20A (single) breakers. Wire gauge determines if it should be 15A or 20A. #12 wire is 20A...
81
81

TSP
As a laundry additive ... we have very hard water , and I've noticed that my work clothes are getting stains that don't come out . I do know rhat when they quit using phosphates in detergents and...

Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)
If you really are religious about only putting human waste and TP into your system, you can almost always go for at least 5 years without pumping. If you know where the tank cleanout cover is located,...
36
36

washer overflow from standpipe
Has it always leaked or is this new? Either the pipe does not have the capacity or it is partly clogged and has to be snaked out. If the discharge hose is smaller than the standpipe, it should be able...
3
3

Leaking ball valve repair
I thought that ball valves were superior to the old valves with washers and packings. But I have one which is my water main shutoff, and after using it to shut off the water, it is now driping from...
7
7

Win 7 or XP?
HAHA! yeah ... I tried telling myself that, too. Then I dug out my old copy of photoshop and loaded it to this computer! :)
88
88

Tree Puncture Wound Care ?
Drilled a 3/8" hole about 3" deep into the side of a maple tree - in order to mount a screw eye. Turned out to be the wrong location and now the tree has that hole in it. What would you do to minimize...
3
3

Vinyl Flooring for Tub Surround?
I've seen solid vinyl flooring used for surrounds. Ages ago I even say genuine linoleum.
10
10

Water pressure regulators
Mine is right next to the meter , with a kitty litter bucket around it to keep the dirt away . Useta have a regular 5 gal bucket around it , I replaced that when I repaired the water line . Gravel...
2
2

Hankook tires
Maybe it's gospel in your church; not in mine. Buckley purged anyone that wasn't a good little Buckleyite and the trend continues today. I had no use for NR back when Trump was a reality TV star. I...
44
44

Garage door opener
This was an add-on purchased separately. Automatically control lights and appliances when doors open and close | Wire standard security sensors to Open/Close Sensor to monitor several doors and...
16
16

tomato growing time
It is somewhat eairly,but what is ment by the time on the seed packets ? I have been growing tomatoes for many years and always bought the plants from a green house. Never paid attention to the times,...
4
4