Subject Author Posted Replies

Battery drain
Hey I got a new radio for Christmas after 3 days of installing my car died...we jumped it off and ran just fine that day...over night it died...got a new battery replaced n fix the wiring on the...
10
10

Repairing door bottom seal
I believe it is a man-door to the garage - and likely an attached garage, which you want well sealed from the house it is attached too. I may be wrong on the second and third points, but virtually...
18
18

DVDR declares January leap month.
DVDR declares January leap month. Not really January, more like February 8, and not really adding a day, but subtracting one. Somehow, my Philips DVDR decided today was tomorrow, or at least Saturday....
5
5

Tub feet
I tried the other day to mount the feet on our "new" (mfd 1910) clawfoot tub , and they won't fit into the slot . I didn't try to force them , wouldn't want to crack this thing ... I figger I need to...
5
5

How well do WiFi thermostats work?
Didn't mean to insult your intelligence on that one but I have actually met people who thought a WiFi thermostat was completely wireless, even to the furnace.
5
5

Cash No Longer King: Europe Accelerates Move To Begin Elimination Of Paper Money
If you totally did away with cash, bitcoin would take over. It is already the medium for large illicit transactions across borders and there is not much the government can do about it.
17
17

How to fix a swivel chair with a cracked seat
How to fix a swivel chair with a cracked seat. Someone gave me a swivel desk chair, 7-way adjustable, either $350 or a cheaper imitation of $350, probably the latter since I can't find a brand name on...
7
7

Finding handyman?
Do you have on your area? If so, try asking there Join me on Nextdoor, an app for neighborhoods where you can get local tips, buy and sell items, and more
8
8

Building houses that can withstand any tornadoes?
Sure, but they will cost more and I doubt if they would look like McMansions. Here in Oklahoma some are pushing for better construction techniques, that can give greater chances of survival in a...
14
14

Insulation type
Agree and if the new insulation is the one with the barrier, it should face inside the basement.
6
6

Vizio spying
A fine is not enough. The Vizio board of directors should have to do jail time for this one!
1
1

TV not receiving Channel 2
Start by calling the TV station to see if they changed frequencies, antenna locarion, or their power output. Also make sure your anrenna did not rotate from winds or break from some other weather...
9
9

Buzzing sound in Panasonic phone/answering system
On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 11:58:11 -0800 (PST), home owner wrote in How long ago did the buzzing sound start?
15
15

Rocking chair rocks back too far
This old rocking chair rocks so far back it feels like you'll go over backwards. It's never actually gone over but it's scary. It's quite old so I can see the wood has worn away a good bit on the...
2
2

OT: Senior try to change a password
Hi All, A friend sent me a funny: -T WINDOWS: Please enter your new password. USER: cabbage WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters. USER: boiled cabbage WINDOWS: Sorry, the...
19
19