Subject Author Posted Replies

()T - Cars - purpose plastic on corner of door frame
What is the purpose of this clear plastic or more likely vinyl piece? I have a 2000 Toyota Solara two-door, and there is a piece of clear plastic covering the corner of the "door frame" at the lower...
3
3

Beam Size
I want to expand a door opening from 3' -6'. What size of lumber and beam type do I need to use to create the beam. It is a bearing wall in the basement.
7
7

British vs. American English
I thought this was interesting. Our Brit trolls, er, I mean. friends can confirm the accuracy.
7
7

need tips/help for a rookie.
Hi all, I was a Civil Engineer and tried to keep myself updated on related interests, but possess zero practical experience as I moved on to IT career after my graduation. I visited certain for-sale...
6
6

How to construct a Google Groups non-redundant URL for reference purposes
Here is how I just now figured out how to construct a non-redundant Google Groups URL to a Usenet post from years ago. If you have a better method, please share, as I post this merely to share to help...
2
2

OT: Feeling cold
Why don't you just drive through it?
62
62

how can i hook up a botton to ihe in side ,off the opner
3000 allister
3
3

Cleaning Liquid Nails off balusters
I'm taking down a half wall and replacing it with wood railing and iron bal usters. Drilled holes under the railing and squirted Liquid Nails up into t he holes. Inserted each iron baluster up into...
1
1

OT: why calling the toilet "The Crapper" is not off color
Any more than calling soda "coke" is off color. Hint, it is the British's fault. Check out this video: Why is The Toilet Commonly Known as the Crapper (or John)? More than you ever wanted to find out...

Lighting water heater pilot light (shouldn't it stink?)
Page 5 of this PDF says the MAXIMUM gas pressure is about 1/2 psi in the gas line going into a hot water heater. They measure things in "w.c." (water column), so 1/2 PSI is apparently 13.8 w.c. where...
36
36

15W Faceted LED bulbs
A couple of other thoughts... 1. Buy higher brightness bulbs that are dimmable and dim them. 2. Why do you want 5000k? I know its just personal preference, but that's much whiter than any of the...
24
24

American mailboxes
Per HerHusband: What part of the USA is this?
125
125

Armstrong ceiling tile 936
Needing 8 ceiling tiles Armstrong 936 which is discontinued.
8
8

Sort of OT: Zipper lube?
Try some bee's wax - lip balm perhaps ? Burt's Bees ? At your health food store or pharmacy. John T. Handy stuff to have around, I bought it for plastic curtain runners but have found many other uses....
5
5

difference between a garden trowel and a transplanter?
Welcome to the wonderful world of advertising! ;) nb
10
10