Subject Author Posted Replies

Support piling up for retiree hit with Snow shovel ticket
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:06:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote in +1
2
2

Anyone know what this mechanical contraption is
Close. They invented door handles for the Inside of closets.
6
6

OT: drinking alcohol and water
Not true at all. If you have enough drinks so you can feel it in your legs, then you have a pint or so of orange juice, you are then able to walk about properly again. It makes perfect sense, you're...
14
14

1200
source?
1
1

Patio Pavers made from recycled tires
About 5 years ago, I put Envirotile? rubber pavers on my concrete p atio. The surface of the pavers has become discolored (efflorescence?) and dirt a nd other debris has collected between and under...
4
4

Electrical
I DO NOT have to use tape. The connection is just fine without it. I do it as a precaution and many of the electricians take that same precaution as well. Because I now triple check the integrity I...
44
44

three lights, two switches
I have three lights A, B, C and two switches 1 and 2. How do I wire them so switch 1 turns on/off A and B and switch 2 turns on/off B and C? Please note that B is controlled by both switches, kind of...
21
21

The difference between English and American pronunciation
English: "Dutiful" - conscientiously or obediently fulfilling one's duty. American: "Doodieful" - full of shit.
4
4

How to set floodlight Mode Normal/Soft/Flash
I just put in a motion sensor floodlight to replace the one I put in about 20 years ago, which had gotten to the point where it was on when there was motion, and off the moment the motion stopped**....
3
3

Can't close patio umbrella?
I saw that one of my neighbors has the umbrella from his patio table, which came with the house, lying in a corner of his yard, only half-closed, and still very big. Is there any reason he can't close...
14
14

How long does it take for chlorine to kill germs in the water supply?
Or more. Disgusting, those working people, huh ? []'s
14
14

Delta faucet warrantee
... Ask them to prove it wasn't... :)
17
17

Exterior siding
My early childhood home was ~ 1940's cheapo and was sided with an asphalt brick-look material that we called insul-brick. I assume that it came in large rolls - perhaps not - but it was only about 2...
6
6

For those with a Kilowatt meter
Do monitors have any measurable power when they are off? How much power do they use in sleep mode?
1
1

Dropped ceiling question
I would never sheetrock a basement ceiling. I assume those pipes are the mains and other pipes are teeing off of them to their designated rooms. Thus, problems can occur within those lines also....
17
17