Subject Author Posted Replies

The Worx cap replacement
Hi all, with my wife & I having arthritis the squeeze caps on toilet bowl cleaners such as The Worx are very hard to squeeze to open them. I usually get a pliers and squeeze them and can get spillage...
2
2

OT LED Trailer Lights 1157 Equivalent - Use Red or White?
Background: I have a trailer that uses 1157 bulbs for the tail/signal/brake lights. Each side uses one fixture with one dual filament bulb for all 3 functions. The fixture has a red lens as a cover....
12
12

How to change batteries
I have a Honeywell magicstat thermostat not sure how to change the batteries,I can't seem to get the back off but not sure if it's supposed to or not. The house is about 25+ years old so I'm not sure...
1
1

Wendy's plans to install self-ordering kiosks at 1,000 locations
Now what will they do if automation kills their fast food jobs due to their demands that fast food should be a career and pay $15 an hour or more?
1
1

eliminating a 3 way switch and adding a light fixture
In the basement staircase of my older home (inside my attached garage) I want to eliminate a 3 way switch at the end of a circuit, and install a light fixture near the switch I want to remove - at the...
17
17

Move Toilet Drain
We have two 24 year old toilets that don't flush well so I plan to have the m replaced. The powder room has a standard 12" rough in so there are lots of choices. My wife selected one whose style is...
5
5

Do I still need to stock a crossover (Ethernet) cable anymore?
Oren news: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 01:59:52 GMT I wasn't aware they were color coded to differentiate. :P A crossover/standard cable could be any color. You can tell if it's crossover or 'normal' by placing...
23
23

I need shorter range legs
I purchased a Samsung range that only goes down to 36" with the legs screwed all the way in. Because we had new flooring added our counter tops are 3/8" to low. The slide in range lip is thus 3/8"...
4
4

Furnace heats up fine then burner shuts off and blower stays on
My furnace was acting fine until one day about 2 weeks ago. What happens is that the burner turns n as usual and heats up for about 10-15 minutes. Then the flame shuts off and the blower continues to...
2
2

vanity drain leaking
Did you put a ring of plumber's putty around the drain before seating it in the sink? You want about a pencil size bead of plumber's putty (not silicone, around the drain. When you tighten it, the...
22
22

How can I improve my cellular or WiFi signal (with and without Internet)?
How have you improved your cellular or WiFi signal (with and without Internet) at home and while away from home connecting to hotspots? Q: With just a phone on foot or in a car, how can I increase my...
1
1

YouÂ’re Overpaying for Drugs
They also don't tell you that most people taking pharmaceuticals for blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol could change their diet and kick their pharmacy dependency to the curb. A change in...
7
7

OT, Guard Parrot
My dog went nuts trying to figure out how that dog got into my computer ... and why it didn't look like a dog !
3
3

replacing felt lining on inside of a telescope cover?
LeeValley has it also: http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=32857&cat=1 Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee...
5
5

Kenmore Rang Hood Replacement
andard 30 inch size. Does anyone know any other brands that would fit. ne that lines up with the existing power source could be a challenge. Many of the hoods that I have removed have had extra slack...
4
4