Subject Author Posted Replies

Main water valve
Turn off the main water supply but water is still flowing in the house
10
10

2 x 4's the old ones
Many were built using "local lumber".Others used Douglas Fir or old growth white pine, or even old growth spruce. The "local lumber" could be anything from jack pine to white cedar to elm, maple,...
36
36

Slightly sloping ceilings
Maybe lots of pictures, but that AC unit looked ridiculous.
19
19

OT. Chuck Berry was 90.

Car aircon in winter
I've just repaired my car aircon (rusted pipe, big leak) and filled it with one can of gas (to 31.5 PSI - although the instructions say it should be 33-38). The compressor now spins (it didn't when...
4
4

What is this old car, with rounded shell, inch thick wood interior?
Can you tell anything about this old auto from the photos? (*) round back (*) wood interior (*) external fenders (*) mounted on a frame Is there a good way to tell what kind of solid wood was used?...
26
26

Does anyone know about aluminum wiring for the electrical systems.
I have had aluminum wire feeding my free-standing range for over 25 years with no problems, but now I am concerned that it still could be a problem if it is connected to a copper screw at the breaker...
20
20

doors
Good Morning All, Installing a set of trackless bi-folds in an opening that currently has carpeting. I could pull back the carpeting but Id rather not. Looking ahead I can imagine shimming the doors...
1
1

Leaking Pipes Joints
Everybody immediately jumps up and tells you that you have to have a pressure reducer. I have 120 psi water pressure and have had hardly any problems. I have one hose bib that I have a problem keeping...
14
14

ping Oren: bullets that won't penetrate sheetrock
Hi Oren, A customer told me yesterday that he uses a bullet in his 45 ACP that won't penetrate sheetrock. He could not remember what they were called. You know what they are called? -T
3
3

Tricky Mould removal
pipe cleaners and bleach? you can bend 'em to reach where you need them to go... songbird
4
4

JCPenney Is Closing These 138 Stores: Texas, Minnesota Hit Hardest
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 17:07:24 -0400, Al Dente wrote in +1
7
7

Aluminum siding
If new siding were yellow, I think my comment would have held. My original dark blue siding is now light blue siding. I think it looks better.
18
18

I REFUSE TO CHANGE THE TIME ON MY CLOCKS.
Just because the government says we are supposed to change our clocks, that dont mean I have to conform. So, I am not changing them. They will stay as they were. I REFUSE TO CHANGE THE TIME ON MY...
6
6

OT: My computer repair for the day
A friend called me and told me his wireless mouse was not working. First thing I did was ask him if he changed the battery. He said he was sure the battery was good and even though I knew that was the...
5
5