Subject Author Posted Replies

What are holes in mitre saw fence for?
Use them to screw on a taller fence if you need one. That's what they are for.
5
5

water is yellow after draining hot water heater
To make it hotter
17
17

Home insurance
homeowners insurance companies have become very risk adverse...... often they send a inspector to check out homes before insuring some things that will drive up premiumps, but often they wouldnt even...
15
15

Contractors: What do you use for tax software?
Hello all, I am helping my buddy do his taxes. He is a small-time contractor, usually doing minor remodeling and repairs. I looked at TurboTax versions and could not figure out what to get. There are...
6
6

Interconnected smoke detectors - no circuit breaker?
Home built in 2005. These are interconnected Fireex smoke detectors (I believe because they have a yellow wire connected to the red wire). All the breakers are marked, but I don't see one for the...
32
32

OT Tablet computer?
Anyone have an inexpensive tablet computer that they are pleased with?
16
16

vibrating pipes when any source is shut off.
A little over a year ago I installed a new; pressure regulator, and in-line pressure gauges, before and after the regulator, an anti-siphon valve, and two ball valves, one before the water meter and...
6
6

Septic Tank Problems?
Yep, that's the first thing to check. Find every drain and dump a small bucket of water down it. If any of the traps are dried out, the plumbing stack vent will not have any effect on the situation he...
14
14

changing handles to other side of fridge/freezer
My landlady/roommate has a large refrigerator/freezer where, IMO, the door should ope on the other side. It's an Amana, maybe 10 years old, or 20?, with a tall, hinged door on the bottom for the...
17
17

Shoulda done it sooner !
> Frank"
7
7

Hard Wood Flooring in 1976 doublewide?
I recently inherited a doublewide 'mobile home' manufactured in 1976 which is located in a 55+ Mobile Home Park cooperative so I own the land) in an expensive seaside town in Northern California...
10
10

Why do they have a 3-prong plug
Just a wild guess but maybe some sort of built-in surge or over-voltage suppression?
5
5

Triple expansion steam engine
That's a small one. I was a watertender (CG license lingo for boilerman) on a couple Great Lakes ships with triple expansion steam engines. The Standard Oil "Indiana" and Cleveland Tankers "Rocket."...
8
8

OT USA check in foreign denomination
After two weeks, I found my checkbooks in my suitcase. They are black and th e bottom of the suit case is black, so I can give them checks while I'm here, and I won't run out of money since I brought...
11
11

Portable AC platform
Use a commode - they come with a bucket built in.
42
42