Subject Author Posted Replies

No medicare, no cash
I have some back pain and it's not clear yet whether it's serious, but because I like googling, I looked up back pain and came across Virginia Spine Institute, which I think is typical wrt this post....
5
5

v for frequency?
Since when did we start using v for frequency? v is velocity, f is frequency, lambda is wavelength. Using v for frequency is pure insanity....
1201
1201

Locksmith FAQ's
How much is a locksmith call out fee UK? Mostly, locksmiths do not charge a call out fee. Long Answer: Many locksmiths do not charge a call out fee. As with any other question though, there are times...

Hurricane damage insurance payments in Florida.
Hurricane damage insurance payments in Florida. Not what you'd want. Lee and other adjusters contracted by regional insurance carriers say that managers have been changing their work by lowering...
11
11

Surge protector is a lie?
I have a Micromark surge protector. Just a plug (not as in to connect an appliance, it just plugs into a socket to absorb surges, no cable comes out of it). I was interested in the LED on the front...
40
40

OT: Daylight Stupid Time start this Sunday
Daylight Stupid Time start this Sunday Spring forward
4
4

Looking forr advice on replacing brick tower mailbox
My place has a brick tower out front, in which the mailbox is inserted. It is from the 70's, and is made of plastic. Now it is warped and starting to crack. he door no longer shuts unless you whap it...
9
9

Cheap STurdy bookshelves
Leaving behind spindle-screw diy (1960s,1970s) bookshelves which held thousands of books, but taking the books. Wondering how to get cheapest bookshelves that will last just as long (half century)....
4
4

Can I replace the entire bus and put in a main service disconnect breaker?
I bought the house last year, built in late 60's. I'm just now getting to the electrical work I want to do. I'm wanting to run a 240v 10/3 line to a shed, and also add a 40amp 240v line for a hottub...
9
9

How can I tell if coax has a break?
Talking CB radio antenna. RG58 cable goes from radio to antenna. The antenna is a Wilson little wil. The antenna end of the cable has no access. It is on my car and maybe closing the door pinched it?...
21
21

What is this stuff growing in my lawn?
What is this? It has forced out the grass in 5 or 10% of my yard and it's spreading. it's not green like the grass is, even though it's winter. it makes the yard look frizzy. ** What should I do to...
9
9

Tiles on top of slate roof?!
Is this planning permission bullshit, or is there a good reason to do this? Near me there is a terrace of very old small stone cottages with slate rooves. Most of the rooves are leaking, so people are...
11
11

My car wouldn't start in the cold and they banged on something and it started
My car wouldn't start in the cold after I parked it an hour. 2. AAA came and banged on something and it started. 3. A mechanic replaced what's in that sheet above. They charged me $500 even. It's a...
24
24

OT Amazon emails.
Do you remember the short silly thread we had when I pointed out the ambiguous message from Amazon, "Your package is coming early Saturday". when they meant any time on Saturday? I didn't complain to...

OT Youtube short-story videos?
OT Youtube short-story videos? Have any of you come across youtube videos that tell a story, with a narrator, told like it's true, but with no details about where or when. They use mostly still photos...
1
1