Subject Author Posted Replies

Kodak 760H Slide Projector
I found 19 carousels of slides in my dad's belongings after he passed away. They go back to the '70s, '80s, '90s, and 2000s. Most of the carousels are 140 slide capacity, completely filled. I wanted...
3
3

How do I do the opposite of oiling?
Just a dab will do ya...peels off easy when you need to remove the seat.
1
1

Orangeburg pressurized water pipe
I own a 40 year old home in AZ that has an Orangeburg pipe teed off the mainline to a faucet. The pipe is leaking under the driveway but I've managed to dig it up and exposed about 3 feet. I'm trying...
23
23

OT. Question for Diesel
OK, here is one you probably know more about than I do: I was at a friend's house and she mentioned she had a (male) friend look at her slow-running computer. He said "Edge" had been taken over by...
16
16

New Light fixture on a dimmer does not dim, it starts flashing..?
Hi, I replaced a broken ceiling light fixture with a new one from Ikea. The fixture is on a dimmer switch. At max power it is fine, when I slide the dimmer down, the fixture does not dim, instead it...
18
18

Why Would Anyone Buy This Iron?
"Everlast Anticalc provides protection against calc and professional-quality ironing results." Find all Rowenta EVERLAST ANTICALC DW7110 user manuals online on rowenta.com.
8
8

New gas water heater questions
Hello all - My gas water heater failed today, livin' on cold water until I get it replaced. Current unit is an A.O. Smith 40 gallon, installed June 1999. Just shy of 18 years old, so I guess I got my...
4
4

Why 20" wheels
A friend of mine is after me to buy a new car** and she found the Buick Cascada. I've wanted a Buick for a long time, because I like GM cars, but the Chevy I-forget-the-model-name was so cheap. Bucket...
110
110

OT cars; tread depth
As I said before, my rental has more tread than the wear bars, but not too much more. But... If it never snows and it never rains does it matter how much tread the tires have? Don't race cars use...
9
9

Need a new trailer floor
Boiled linseed oil will dry faster. First coat, then mix oil paint with some linseed oil, second coat. Seems like wood needs constant maintenance. Greg
18
18

Water heater failure modes
The wife called me this morning grousing because there was no hot water . I'm down in Memphis getting a roof put on our house here , I haven't a clue ... this W/H is only like 3 years old and doesn't...
8
8

Flatten lumber
I have a 2 x 4' piece of underlayment lumber. Any way to flatten it ? Thanks, Andy
19
19

Post 46 - Rootkits
The majority of Post #42 is true, except for a few things. Just because some topics on this Forum are over ones head and they can not make sense of them, does not mean that it should be degraded and...
13
13

Electric saw on a pole for pruning trees
This one looks kind of neat: No reviews yet, so I presume it is a new model. Don. (e-mail link at home page bottom). List of web sites put up by Don Wiss. Historical info. Recipes. Travel. Thousands...
22
22

Solar Roof
My point is that you represent a tiny fraction the population. Joe truckdriver and Sally pianoteacher probably would have to have it installed by someone else at significantly increased cost and...
140
140